• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xmp 1.3

Motherboard: asrock exreme9 x79
    cpu: i7 3820
    ram: G.SKILL Trident X Series 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400

everytime I activate xmp 1.3 profile in bios and try to reboot with saved setting I get a black screen and nothing happens. Any ideas why? Thanks for your time.

anyone know?

Comment

My guess would be their BIOS isn't ready for XMP 1.3 at 2400, they only show a few 2400 sets and all are for 2 sticks, they also mention that 2400 sticks will run at 2133 - doesn't make a lot of sense to me, believe they only 'TEST' sticks at default (1333/1600). Might try the XMP 1.2 profile which is native for X79 or post your BIOS settings (DRAM timings, system voltages, what your OC is, etc)
      Last edited by Tradesman; 07-24-2012, 07:31 AM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What is the VCCSA Voltage? This needs to be increased for DDR3-2400.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply and concern. I looked into the bios and saw that the vccsa voltage was at 0.098v. Do you have any idea what it should be set to for 2400. Thank your sir.

Comment

Not sure how many sticks you have...maybe start at 1.2 then can drop or head up from there, 1.25 is normally enough for 4 sticks though some have needed a bit more

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i ahve 2x 8gb sticks ill try it out and update u thanks for your time.

Comment

We'll be waiting to hear

Tman

Comment

So i set it to xmp 1.3 and set vccsa to 1.2. After saving just a blank black screen and no boot. I dont know if that means i should increase vccsa
                  Last edited by HaLLuCiiNaTioN; 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Test one module at a time with just XMP to see if both can boot properly. Which slots do you have them installed in?

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

HaLLuCiiNaTioN, I have the exact same problem, XMP is not heavily loaded, and you can try to overclock, though there was a new BIOS 2.53, but I have not yet tried.

If you would be interested, here, test overclocking attempts, we can not all screens removed))) http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthrea...srock+Extreme9
                      Last edited by XORROR; 10-27-2012, 12:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X