Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asus Rampage VI Extreme, G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR XMP Problem!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Rampage VI Extreme, G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR XMP Problem!

Asus Rampage VI Extreme, G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR XMP Problem!

Hello

Have problems with XMP, with standard XMP Settings, sometime System will no Boot or not come from Standby Mode.
    With Standard RAM Settings 2133Mhz no Problems.

Thank You for Help!!!

Asus Rampage VI with new Bios
    32GB S.Skill (G.Skill F4-3600C16Q-32GTZR)
    Samsung 960 Pro 512GB
    Asus Nvidia 1080Ti
    1200W Power

Any Idea for Manual Settings? Have stable System to 2666MHz.

Comment

When the system fails to POST it might a case of the boards memory training failing. There are several ways to approach the issue:

To cirumvent it, with the XMP enabled and the system succesfully booting into windows, check the voltages applied and timings trained and write them down (aisuite, hwinfo64, memtweakit). Then reboot into the UEFI and manually adjust the voltages from the auto values and set the timings. safe your settings to a profile in CMOS and USB and then run some stability tests, reboots and whatever was giving you issues before.

Otherwise try raising memory voltage (and dram boot voltage) a bit above spec and see if that improves the training reliability. It might also help to adjust VCCSA und VCCIO to what your processors actually requires for DDR4-3600 since most boards tend to overvolt both volages for higher memory frequencies a lot and that can hurt stability as well.

Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank you, but this is not help, only lost time.

Comment

Goodday
          Im experiencing the same/similar problem.

Ive got a G.Skill F4-3200C16Q-64GTZR kit that causes the PC to full on hang when enabling XMP.

With XMP off the PC is stable.

When I enable XMP the PC runs about 5 min then hangs, cant reset, cant power down, you have to unplug and restart.

The QVL show that the RAM is compatible with the board.

Why is there a Problem???

I have tested all other components, they are all fine.

I have sent my first kit back for a RMA and the new kit gives the same problem.

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Is there a setup guide to manually input the values?

Regards

Comment

What motherboard and CPU do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you test each module to see if they can work fine with XMP?

Comment

sorry
              thought its obvious that i have the same board...that's why i'm posting here.
              sorry

Asus rampage VI (6) extreme
              intel i9-9900x
              asus strix 1080ti

Latest BIOS

as i said above....
              two different kits...same problem

Comment

With XMP Profile enabled, test each module to see if one performs differently than others. Each should have no problem operating at the rated specifications. Also, which slots are you using?

Comment

Hello

Thanks for the feedback!!!
                  After some very time consuming testing, it appears that two of the motherboard slots are faulty.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X