Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

128GB GSKILL DDR4-3000 with Sabertooth X99

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 128GB GSKILL DDR4-3000 with Sabertooth X99

Before my attempt many people told me this is impossible. Quoting from Intel's ARK website claiming that Haswell-E series can only support up to 64GB of RAM. However there are already evidence that this can be done.

So first here is today's focus. GSKill DDR4-3000 128GB quad channel kit specifically for X99 platform.

Now takes out the old ADATA rams

And put in new GSKILL rams!

Fitment is awesome with Noctua D15. GSKILL did a great job for the heatsink height.

After clearing up CMOS memory. I powered on the PC. Works right off the bat! 128GB all recognized!

It was even stable at DDR4-3200 with 100BCLK!!!!

In the end for stability I chose to go with XMP settings.

I am very satisfied with the result!!

I have been using GSKILL memory for a long time. Ever since my first set of DDR2-1000. Those GSKILL DDR2 sets served me well for 8 yrs until I replaced my old QX9650 with 5820K. Over the years I only use GSKILL ram for my laptop and HTPC. As a matter of fact this ADATA DDR4 set was the first time ever I didn't use GSKILL product. Needless to say GSKILL is top notch comparing with other brands.

Comment

Brilliant work mate. That is a great price at newegg as well. From a quick search at this time it seems to be cheaper to get 1 pack of 128gb than 2 packs of 64gb! Pity it's out of stock.

At 3200 I wonder how much OC you can get out of the CPU though. Very interesting!

Comment

awesome!!!

Comment

Working...
        X