Announcement

Collapse

UNDER CONSTRUCTION: G.Skill Forum

Hello Everyone

The G.Skill Technical forum will be under construction during the month of February. There may be random down time, so we sincerely appreciate your patience and cooperation during this time. We are excited to bring you a more interactive forum to share information. For any technical assistance or issue that may require more attention, please contact us directly via other methods such as email, telephone, social media, NewEgg Chat, and more. Support is available through any avenue you can reach us.

ustech@gskillusa.com
techsupport@gskill.com

We hope for a quick and smooth transition

Thank you for your understanding

GSKILL SUPPORT
See more
See less

Hot enough?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot enough?

Here's the insides of my now main box, mostly built in August. No point showing the outside as the case looks ordinary!

Mobo: Asus Maximus VIII Hero
    CPU: Intel i7-6700k
    CPU cooler: Corsair H110i GTX
    Ram: G.Skill F4-3333C16Q-16GRRD (4x4GB)
    GPU: Asus GTX 980 Ti
    OS SSD: Samsung SM951 512GB (M.2 AHCI version)
    Game SSD: Crucial MX200 1TB
    Storage HD: WD Red 6TB (second HD shown fitted was only temporary to move stuff from my old system)
    ODD: Random cheap DVD
    PSU: Corsair HX750i
    Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540
    Monitor: LG 34UC87 34" ultra-wide
    Keyboard: Cheap Logitech washable. Yes, washable! I ruined every other expensive keyboard by spilling drinks on them. This is the only one to survive. Seriously, does anyone make a waterproof backlit gaming keyboard???
    Mouse: Microsoft Laser 6000 - manufactured Aug 2005! I'm going to be lost when it breaks as nothing I've tried since then feels as nice.

To do list:
    Tidy up the wiring some more, especially the power cables to the GPU look bad. I have improved them since the photo, but think I will have to go after market cables to really clean it up.
    Add more bulk storage. The 6TB is almost full (I have off computer backups).
    Add GPU watercooler - undecided how yet.

And here's an image I got playing with a thermal camera I borrowed. There's a hot spot next to the ram. Not shown, but a separate measurement showed the ram was 36.7C at the time.

Awesome! That setup looks awfully familiar...

Comment

Killer system, looks great too. Any overclocking done ?
      Are you an overclocker? Have screen shots of your OC results? Please post and share your OC experience!

The new G.Skill Overclocking Section!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=43

Comment

Apart from the high speed ram, everything is running at stock at the moment. I need to work on getting the ram 100% stable at rated speed before I even think about touching the CPU, since my more critical tasks are bandwidth limited.

Comment

Working...
        X