Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pairing two kits of G.Skill DDR4 ram?

Hello,
    I`m a bit confused, people keep telling me that I can`t pair two (identical) kits of DDR4 ram. I have this kit:

https://www.caseking.de/g.skill-ripj...-megs-122.html

That is 2 x 16GB..... Now, I want to buy another exactly the same kit and add 2 more modules, identical like first two. Someone claim that I will have compatibility issues even if I get exactly the same 2 x 16gb kit...

Can I add it or I need to buy whole new 4 x 16GB kit ???

PS. I`m using Asus Rampage VI Extreme MB and i9 7920x cpu.... and this 2 modules of G.Skill ram are working great atm on xmp (3200mhz)...

Tnx !!!

I don't see a problem with this at all. You're good to go bro.

Comment

There is no guarantee they can work together, especially at the rated specs. It is recommended to use a single kit of RAM that has been matched and tested from factory.

Comment

There is about a 90% chance that it will all be perfectly fine. You do get the rare occasion where the same kits are made with different RAM manufactures, like Samsung and Hynix. If you get two of the same kits but each kit is made with RAM from a different manufacture, then you will have issues.
        Work-in-progress

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
        Arctic Cooling Freezer 360
        Asus Crosshair VI Hero
        32GB (4X8) F4-3600C15D-16GTZ - G.Skill took too long getting their act together with their RGB RAM!
        2X Sapphire Nitro+ RX 580 8GB
        Samsung EVO 960 500GB
        3X Seagate 3TB SATA3/7,200RPM
        LG 16X Blu-Ray/DVD Writer
        SilverStone Strider 1200 Watt
        Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Tempered

Comment

Working...
        X