Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x299 kit for ROG Rampage Extreme VI

Hello all,

Starting a new build and I'm a bit lost on a few things. I'm almost 60 yrs old and a little slow, so bear with me. Thanks for the great posts Tradesman, but now I'm questioning everything.

My hardware...
    ROG Rampage Extreme VI x299
    I9-7900x
    GeForce GTX 1080Ti FTW3
    Intel 900P Optane

So if I look at the cpu memory specs it reads "DDR4-2666" Does that mean if I put a 3600 kit in I will only yield 2666? The motherboard specs out at 4200+OC What happens to the difference?

Sorry for all the questions, I trying to learn. Hopefully someone else can benefit from my uneducated questions as well.

What would be your suggestions for best/fastest RGP memory to use that will be plug and play?
    Would this be a good choice? F4-2400C15Q-64GTZR
    I found this but its not in the Gskill QVL for my board. F4-3600C17Q-64GTZR

Should forget the pretty lights and look at one of the Ripjaw series?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

CPU memory specs are typically the base for Intel processors. With your hardware combination, it can surely reach much higher. You can see how high using the G.Skill RAM Configurator:

https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...030&model=3083

Plug and Play is DDR4-2133. But if you use a kit mentioned in the list above, you can reach much better specs by simply enabling the XMP Profile in BIOS. It takes one setting change in BIOS to achieve the extreme performance, no manual overclocking needed, so that is the benefit of using high end hardware such as what you have.

F4-2400C15Q-64GTZR is a good basic kit, but as you can see in the G.Skill QVL, the hardware combination you have can achieve DDR4-4200, so it just depends on your budget.

Trident Z is the best, so I would suggest sticking with it. There are non-RGB models available as well, you can see those in the G.Skill QVL.

Comment

Thank you for the email. Just seen it.
      I want to use the Tridentz RGB 3600mhz since its the best.

The configurator only list non-RGB kits above 2400mhz
      This is confusing me.
      The kit you suggested I can search for on the gskill site, however the gskill qvl doesn't list my motherboard.
      (ROG Rampage Extreme VI).

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-582-_-Product

Is it going to be ok to use? Just want to clarify and make sure before I make a 1000.00 mistake. ��

Thank you so much for your time. It is truly appreciated.

Comment

Yes, no problem

Comment

Working...
        X