Ramdisk could reduce Ram module life?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramdisk could reduce Ram module life?

Do the use of ramdisk reduce the life expectancy of the ram modules due to the intensive use (more in my case due to catching), or they will just refresh as if there is no ramdisk on them?

Im running Win7 x64 Ultimate. HW is Asus maximus 6 Formula, i7 4770k UV@1.005V, Gskill TridentX 2x8 2400 10-12-12-34 1N @ 1,65V (default XMP profile 2, is suposed to be safe), Main disk OCZ Vector 128Gb

I had settled up some ramdisks (one for SSD catching and another one for cache, temp files and small pagefile). I know the redundant of having pagefile on ramdisk, but is neeeded by some programs, so if i should have it, i will have it in the faster place and where saves read/writes to my ssd.
    As i run stock frequencies and a 100% stable system debugging and crash reports are useless for me IMO.

As i learn ram should be refreshed all the time to keep bites every a few clock cycles between them and also the memory acces should wait thoose cycle to be completed to read/write the data on it.

For the catching im using Superseed Supercache5, and i can say that i can apreciate the speed increase when loading games and applications.I had also found that is microsoft gold certified software.
    here is their page: http://www.superspeed.com/desktop/supercache.php

I belibe before found this im doing it well. Just i start asking me about posible damage to the ram...

Thanks for your help ppl

No, with the RAM configured properly, lifespan is not reduced. Whether the RAM is used a lot or a little, it is possible for errors to occur over time, but it can not be directly attributed to more use or too many heavy loads. Many people do video editing, or process very large files non-stop with their computer for many years at high speed and do not have a problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X