16 gigs and now slower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 gigs and now slower

I purchased 8gigs of memory #f3-12800CL8D-8GBXM and liked them so much I ordered another pair the next week. My question is after putting the other pair in games are lagging, mostly fps COD ghost when shooting. I have a 5 month old build which consists of;
    1) Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 with bios updated
    2) CPU AMD 8350
    3) Asus 7850 video card
    4) PCpower and cooling 850 watt P/S
    5) Asus 27" monitor
    6) OS windows 7 64 bit
    7) HD WD 750 64 MB sata 6 GBs

Set up bios 1600 speed 8-8-8-24 for memory and set voltage 1.5 everything else is on auto because of black edition amd 8350. Given this set up, can you give me some options on configuring my rig. And step by step if you can I'm new at over clocking and don't wish to damage my equipment. I tried once increasing the voltage to 1.5 and set my CPU at 4 GHz and my computer fans would only come on everything else including the monitor was off ,I couldn't even boot into bios pressing the direct bios key on the MB so I ended up having to clear the RTC ram, so again if you can walk me through OC I would very much appreciate it thank you for your help.

You're lucky it didnt boot with 1.5v on the cpu! But back to your current issue... my guess is the combo isnt fully stable i reccomend raiskng dram voltage to 1.55v and whatever the auto value for cpu/nb (it is one thing should be written just that way) is raise it by .1v
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

thank you supahos for your input. I willtry it out and post back my findings thanks again

Comment

Working...
      X