Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory problem?

Hi all,

I built a new gaming pc last week with 16gb (4x4gb) g.Skill ripjaws, however in windows and bios only 12gb appears. Anyone know if I'm doing seething wrong or does one of the sticks have a problem?

I have the asus p9x79 pro mobo with the latest bios and windows 7 64bit.

Thanks!

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5136

Additionally First thing i'd do is put them in one stick at a time, load windows, and see if one is bad, if they all work try them in different slots to see if you can get them to all show up, i'd also suggest updating the bios if at all possible

!
    Last edited by supahos; 10-12-2013, 05:31 AM.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Hi, thanks for your reply. I have updated the bios to the must up to date version and have selected xmp preset 1 and 2 without any changes. I'll try moving the sticks around but all four are detected in the bios..

Comment

Try each stick by itsself as well, see if the issue is a bad stick or if they wonr all work together
        ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Thanks for your help, I just tested it and with one of the sticks the pc won't boot and I get error 53 wich is ram issues. Do you know if I contact amazon (where I purchased it) or go direct to g.skill?

Thanks

Comment

Its up to you, you"can" just send one stick to gskill (they want them all, to ensure the kit will all work when you get it back) and amazon will only take entire kit im sure. Use the RMA link under the gskill support page to start an rma, or amazon return.

Comment

Working...
            X