Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws and maximus vi impact

Hi

I was wondering if this set of 2 sticks of ripjaws z 16GB 2133 Mhz cas 11 1.5v model F3-2133C11D-16GZL would work at rated speed and voltage on the mini itx rog board by asus with a 4770k cpu.

In the qvl of the memory there are no Z87 motherboards at all, maybe it's not up to date?

I'm asking as I read some feedback on Newegg and other forums of people having issues running at rated speed.

Btw can ripjaws z in case work in dual channel mode?

Also I was reading on some forums that this ram has an xmp at 1866c9 as well . Is it true? Cause I would use the 2133c11 as long as I use the integrated graphic card and switch to the 1866c9 in the future when I buy a dedicated gpu. I would like to make sure that's how it is.

Thank you

Danny

I'm no pro at this but I think I can help, I think you processor is capable of running 2133 MHz ram, so that is step 1. Gskill and asus work closely together so it is very likely the two do fit. I also know that down clocking the speed of most ram does give you more wiggle room for the timings so while I don't know if there is an xmp profile for it that will be 1866 c9, you should be able to get it there yourself either way. Seems 9:30 pm or so eastern time tradesman will come on and he can probably give you a better answer.
    ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

Yes, the RAM will work just fine with that motherboard and CPU. Enable XMP then everything will be ready to go. The RAM is DDR3-2133 CL11, so it will only have XMP Profile for this spec. You can manually input settings for DDR3-1866 CL9.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok, great.

Thank you for the response

Comment

Hello there!

so I finally built my system with asus maximus impact VI + i7-4770k and ripjawz F3-2133C11D-16GZL

the system posts fine recognizing 16GB of ram, and the rest of hardware as well.

I figured how to enable the XMP profile in the bios to boost memory speed up to 2133Mhz.

However, I've been trying to install the trial version of windows 8.1 as it's free (the hard drive is a samsung 840 256 pro ssd) and the installation process takes me all the way to the screen where after successfully creating partitions, it makes me then select language and finally click "next" so the installation can start. Unfortunately the installation gets stuck at 0%. It says "copying files... 0%" yielding the error code 0xc0000005.

I googled that code and it seems it could stand for bad memory or hard drive. So i ran memtes86 twice at stock speed and with xmp enabled. the tests passed with no errors. is it one pass enough or should let it run multiple times? Also, I don't know if there is a better test I can run?

besides, the hard drive seems fine as well. Indeed I successfully installed ubuntu 13.04 later and its running just fine. However I don't know of any utility to stress test and check for stability to make sure everything is fine.

Do you guys have any thoughts? isn't ram OS agnostic? you think I might have bad memory sticks? is there anything I can do to make sure it's not the memory preventing me from installing windows?

P.S. I am installing or trying to install the Operating System via USB as I don't have a dvd drive.

Last edited by jam182; 09-24-2013, 04:19 AM.

Comment

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=10511

There are many tools there to benchmark, stress, or check on just about everything. Prime would be a good stress for your system to check stability, but make sure to have at temp monotoring program in the background to ensure your processor doens't bake, as it will run at 100% from the time you start it till you stop it, if anything is going to get hot, prime will do it.

memtest is more used for testing individual modules, but I would think with a successful Linux install, and memtest pass that the memory is fine, Might be the trial version of windows doesn't play well with linux? Maybe it doesn't play well with SSD? do you have any other version of windows to try?
            Last edited by supahos; 09-24-2013, 05:27 AM.
            ASUS P8Z77-V LK / I5 3350P / 2X F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL Running @ 1866mhz / MSI GTX760 TF

Comment

I managed to install windows and had all the hardware working properly finally.

turned out, when you are installing the OS via usb you need to remove every other usb device (not counting mouse and keyboard). I find the error code was quite misleading

ram works just fine so far. pretty happy with it. I ran prime95 and everything was stable and temperatures were not very high. so finger crossed it seems fully functional at rated speed.

Also to all out there looking for compatibility between be quiet! dark advanced c1 cpu cooler and ripjaws z. ther ram fits perfectly under the heatsinck and fan. Which is great. high performance ram with a fairly low profile heatsink. Oh and it looks amazing!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0sn3nmw4v73yxbp/IMAG0805.jpg

thanks for all support!!!

cheers

Comment

Good to hear another issue fixed! We'll be here if anything else flares up

Comment

Working...
                X