GSkill RAM for VI extreme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSkill RAM for VI extreme?

Hi guys, I'm building my first rig in nearly 10 years, im looking for a 2x8GB kit, I haven't found many on the ASUS MOBO QVL but nearly every RAM listed on the GSkill website has the extreme on its QVL.

Please help in deciding which one, i dont plan on much OC, so im looking for 1866, 2133 Mhz with lowest CAS as possible lol (duh)

I will mainly use it for gaming and Virtual machines

Mobo - Maximus VI Extreme
    Processor - 4670K

Also, if there's anyone from India, can you help with which retalier I should get it to help with support in the future.

guys any help? dont want to end up wasting money

Comment

If those kits are available, good options for DDR3-2133 with fast timings should be F3-2133C9D-16GTX and F3-2133C9D-16GXH (both CL9-11-11-31). Depending on your market, you might get the F3-2400C10D-16GTX, a DDR3-2400 CL10 kit, for a similar price. As of today it is actually a bit cheaper for us here in the EU.

Can't help you with the retailers though :/
      Last edited by emissary42; 08-18-2013, 08:43 AM.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Hi Emiss, Thanks, I got the F3-2400C10D16GTX, I've installed in DIMM slots it as per the vi extreme instructions, it wasn't booting up with both DIMM's installed or getting into the BIOS, I then used a single DIMM and was able to boot up and install windows, I tried replacing the DIMM that was used earlier to install windows with the other one and I again ran into the same issue of not able to get into BIOS.

Any help? Am I missing sthing or the other DIMM DOA?

Comment

Does your system not even boot up with the second module at standard settings? (or using MemOK)
          Have your tried using the other memory slots?

If yes and yes, then this might really be a bad stick (DOA).
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Not at all, I haven't touched the bios for overclocking, i removed CMOS battery for 5 mins, installed what I believe is the faulty ram to the single A2 slot and it doesn't post, I use the other ram it posts (clk 1333 Mhz)

I've also tried installing a 2 GB RAM into A2 slot and the working RAM 8 GB into B2 on default clock and it posts and shows up correctly.

I've tried using the faulty RAM into other slots and the q code detected is 55 (memory not installed), when I moved it to the A2 slot i.e. the recommeded single channel, it keeps resetting and does not go into BIOS

should I ask for RMA?

Comment

Sounds like a bad stick, RMA time

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X