please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please help

So I built a gaming rig a while back and it worked great. Today I tried to switch cases. Now it won't boot. Its a crosshair v formula motherboard and an amd fx 8150 cpu. A random assortment of leds come on when I try to boot. It goes between the cpu and dram led then to vga then back to cpu then off. The 2 fans connected to the cpu cooler never come on. Any ideas. Both the 8 pin and 24 pin connectors are connected btw. Thanks.
    Last edited by ja14; 10-23-2012, 02:52 PM.

also a may have scraped the bottom of the motherboard when transferring it. Could i have shorted the motherboard or something?

Comment

Possible....might check that all your standoffs have screws in them and are snug (at all the mounting holes on the mobo). Make sure the 24 PIN is tight, as is the 8 pin - and that the 8 pin is the correct plug - not an 8 pin PCI-E connector. DRAM and graphics cards inserted securely. Might even consider pulling the whole thing, see the bench-it info thread:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=11279

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

1 hole dosent have a standoff or a screw. could that be it

Comment

Might be allowing the mobo to touch the case, or to have touched the case if any pressure had been on it

Comment

Ok I added the other screw. Now I get the dram led twice then the vga led then cpu led for a second then off. I've tried playing around with the ram. Using one stick then two. The fans for the cpu cooler still don't come on.

Comment

Might try a hard reset and check the fan power connectors - somethings wrong....see if you have or can borrow a different PSU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok I got it to boot into the bios. Had the fans hooked up wrong. But now it will only boot to the bios and not windows 7. Any ideas as to why this is.

Comment

OK, prob next need to go into the BIOS and set the Boot Drive priority, ensure the Sata cable hooked up and power to the hard drive

Tman

Comment

ok another simple solution. Forgot to connect the power to the ssd. Everything is working well now. Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

No problem, glad you're back up and running, have a gud 1 !

Tman

Comment

thanks you too.

Comment

Working...
                        X