Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P Board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P Board

Hello, I have the Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P Board and just purchased 4 2GB sticks of your F2-8500CL5D -4GBPK memory DDR2 1066 and the board does not want to boot? Can you please send me the BIOS settings I should use to get the memory to work please.. I just had the default settings set.

First you'll want to ensure you have the latest BIOS, then since you have two sets of the DRAM, I'd start with 1 set, get that in and running with the specified timings and then add the second set, from there you may have to raise the DRAM voltage and possibly the NB voltage. Mixing two sets, even of the same model can be problematic and require adjustments, there are even times that the two sets just won't play together, which is why the offer some 4GB sets or here, could have gone with a set of 2x4GB sticks, with a set of the total DRAM required, yu are assured the sticks have been tested to work together.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P

Thank you I will try your suggestions. I did purchase your kit of four Simms so these should work then? They are in a kit from Newegg of 4 simms 2GB each. Has there been any issues with that memory and the motherboard I am using you know of?

Comment

The model you show is a 2x2GB set (F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK) which is why I asked.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS4P

I see.. No it was 4 simms in one pkg. On the back of the package it does say F2-8500CL5D-4GBPK. I will try again with increased voltage as you reccomended and repost hopefully later tonight.. Have a nice Thanksgiving...

Comment

You too, that's odd though - in the model # the section that show 'CL5D', the CL5 is the CAS and the 'D' stands for 'DUAL" or two sticks in the set....and the '4GB' is suppose to be the total....so if it was 4x2GB it should be F2-8500CL5Q-8GBPK. For Q=quad (4) and 8GB total - regardless, let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X