• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED]BSD & instability Asus PQ5 SE & F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK

Asus P5Q SE lastest bios
    F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK installed in A1 and B1
    Intel E7200

On Auto I had all kinds of problems from not being able to load windows to blue screens once I did load it

Set to 1066 5-5-5-15
    xp blue screens at 1.8v, unstable at 1.9v, unstable at 2.0v, blue screens at 2.1v

Fails memtest at 1066mhz
    pass memtest at 800mhz 5-5-5-15 2.0v

Fails Orthos stress test at all 1066 settings, but passes at 800mhz

Do I have bad memory? Please advise
    Last edited by zaniix; 09-18-2008, 01:27 AM. Reason: corrected MB model name

well after much searching it seems that this MB does not liek memory that uses EPP.

I guess I should have bought memory that was on the compatability list.

ANyway I have both sticks running at 800mhz 4-4-4-10 @ 1.8v solid and since this is just for my mother in law I gues that will have to do . I am not in the mood to order new memory and be stuck with this stuff.

I know this might not be Gskills fault, but what the hell why can't we just stick to a single standard for memory and have it all work.

Comment

Could one of you test this and let me know if there is some way to get it running at 1066?

Comment

try to install the two sticks in the black slots
        if it still failed at DDR2 1066, please test one at one time to see if there's one defective
        we tested it on P5Q and found no problem
        thanks

G.S

Comment

I tried testing just one stick of ram running at 1066 and it still failed I did this for both sticks.

Failed both memtest and when I booted to windows it failed Orthos in like 10 - 15 seconds

Are there some settings in the bios I am not getting right? I have to think the memory is still ok if it will run at 800 without issue.

I ran it at 4-4-4-10 800mhz 1.8v on Orthos blend test for 6 hours and it was fine.

I just can not figure out how to get it to 1066 and be stable.

please help, maybe a bios screenshot or something I will try whatever you think I should try.

Comment

after I read through some asus documentation that said all I should do is set the freq to 1066 and leave the rest to auto I decided to give it another try, but it still failed.

I took your advise and used the black slots instead of the white ones and to my surprise it passed memtest86

I then loaded windows and ran Orthos and it appears to be rock solid.

You have given me a lot of faith in Gskill and I no longer have any issues with buying anything from you guys.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me and looking into the problem.

I still wish ram installation was a bit easier, but sometimes you just have to play the cards you are dealt.

thanks again.

Comment

thanks for you supprot
              we'll try to do better

G.S

Comment

Working...
              X