TIP- Mod a H70 to a graphics card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TIP- Mod a H70 to a graphics card

Quick tip on how to mod a Corsair Hydro Series cooler (H70-H100) to your gpu for better cooling and silent operation.

Just wanted to share this mod with you. Ive done it to two of my graphics cards now with amazing success. My first was a Zotac 560ti and now my new Asus Matrix 580. It only takes a few minutes and you only need zipstraps and TIM. This also works using Antacs Kuhler 620 H20 coolers.

Here is a link to my build log on OCN. Along with my build log there are several other members there who have posted there build logs also, some doing sli configs. Very cool stuff. Fun easy mod.

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia-cool...i-corsair.html

Here is a pic of my Zotac 560ti/H70 mod

_IGP9527 by cravinmild, on Flickr

Sweet, I imagine we'll have some member's try it out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

When i first seen it i was like Whhhaaat, no way this will work.

Funny thing is this, everyone who has tried it raves on it. The best part is how stupid simple the mod is. At first your like "serious, zipstraps to hold that on?"

Rage19420 (zotac/ocn forums) had his sli Kuhler 620s/zotac 480 cards featured on Antacs offical facebook page with a big thumbs up from Antac for his efforts. Its pretty crazy stuff and its so successfull its really taking off as a easy to do performance mod. Besides being almost silent vs. stock gpu cooling your temps are in the low 20c and most never go above 60c when stressing the cards. Vram is a concern/comment if you have one of the cards that need to have to stock fan removed. My card retained both stock 90mm fans and ram never goes above 65c but my zotac card the fan was completely removed. I also had the original shroud left on which farther limmited the air flow to the pcb. No ill effects because of this. Still pushed the zotac card to 1275core. If it is a concern then you could add heatsinks to the top of the parts your concerned about for added heat dispersal. From what ive seen i wont, ram can get so much hotter than anything ive or others have seen when monitoring it. Asus has said their builds are done so well they are not concerned about it.

This is still a new mod to the pc community. I am going to start a club on OCN for those who have modded their cards or others looking to mod their cards. Should be up and running shortly.

Thanks for letting me post this here btw.

Comment

Nice! Next thing you know water coolers will be on DRAM memory.

Good to know people are thinking out of the box and sharing with others. It is a huge plus for graphics intensive users.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X