• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED]can't run f2-8500cl5d @ 1066 on asus mb

model of the motherboard: M3A78-EMH HDMI
    model of the memory: F2-8500CL5D
    model of the CPU: AMD-9550

- I have flashed the mb to the newest bios rev

When I run all 8 chips in DDR2-800 its stable and memtest86 runs for hours without a hitch. When I bump it to 533 in the bios, the MB becomes unstable and most of the time it does not make it through the bios post. If i only use 2 chips, it seems to be stable. but memtest86 only shows it at 933, but FWIW I have read elsewhere that this is a limitation to memtest86.

I have tried tweeking the bios to the best of my ability (from what I have read on this forum) and have had no luck.

Please advise, thanks.

Are you installing 4 sticks?
    there seemed a limitation of PHENOM that 4 sticks can't run at DDR2 1066
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Yes, 4 sticks. What a bummer. Is there something official from AMD on this limitation ? I am indeed finding hints to this on their forums ...

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...66+per+channel

Comment

AMD said they have put the document on their official website, but we can't find any
        we found an article in Tom's Hardware, but it's in Chinese
        I post out hte link, you could take it for reference
        http://www.tomshardware.tw/1482,review-1482.html

and for ASUS, we still cna't find articles about this in English, but only in Chinese
        but you could find it in Gigabyte QVL, it said"Due to AMD AM2+ CPU limitation, DDR2 1066 is only supported by 1 dimm per channel."
        if we find any official document, we will post here
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks, I verified this as best I can and it indeed seems to be the case. Thanks for the quick response, you guys rule

Comment

Working...
          X