MOBO or RAMs? wth is going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOBO or RAMs? wth is going on?

Well, I am not sure myself what is going on.

I am a firs time builder and this is my build.

PS: EVERYTHING IS NEW.

COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower Computer Case

GIGABYTE GA-P67A-D3-B3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 012-P3-1571-KR GeForce GTX 570 HD w/Display-Port (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support ...

XFX Core Edition PRO650W (P1-650S-NLB9) 650W ATX12V 2.2 & ESP12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified ...

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

OCZ Vertex 2 OCZSSD2-2VTXE120G 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-
    10666CL7D-8GBRH

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS-324-98B

COOLER MASTER Megaflow 200 R4-LUS-07AR-GP 200mm Red LED Case Fan

COOLER MASTER SickleFlow 120 R4-L2R-20AR-R1 120mm Silent operation Red LED case fan

CORSAIR CWCH50-1 High Performance CPU Cooler

Can anyone give me any feedback why might this be happening? Either the MOBO or the CPU might be defective?

or

A shortish somewhere?

Things i have tried.

1. Taking the MOBO out of the case and powering it with the PSU. Then turning it on with 2 Pins.

2. Changed to a new power supply.

3. Connecting the power cables to my MOBO from the case and turning it on. (It powers off after 3 seconds still -_-)

4.Placing Each DDR3 ram sticks one at a time and booting.

5. Replacing the RAM sticks to new and compatible ones and still failed.

Any other tips? :/ helps or changed MOBO? or PSU is too high? idk man xD this is my first time ever building a pc from top to bottom.

People say that it is the MOBO. Which i think it is because even with new ram sticks it doesn't power on for more than 3 secs

Could it be that i have something wrong? or is it the 650W affecting my MOBO?

You didn't list the exact problem.. does it not boot up? Fans spin, but no screen?

Have you tried one module at a time?

Have you hard reset the EFI with the button on the motherboard?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

oh sorry i thought i included the problem xD

Well, this is what i have. The problem is, my powers on. But literary 3 seconds after, it turns off. Any ideas why? and it is not the PSU because i just changed it.

Everything lights up but it doesn't boot up or show anything in the screen. I am thinking that the MOBO is fried?
      Last edited by KidSess; 09-22-2011, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Possibly, but take a look at the CPU, make sure it's in correctly, no bent pins in socket, clean (no thermal compound seeping under CPU/into socket...also ensure both power connections (24 PIN and 4/8 PIN) to the mobo are correct and snug. Can also try cleaning out DIMM sockets with compressed air.....on chance it's the DRAM could see if you can try them in another system

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

DRAMs cannot, be it because i waited 3 weeks to changed them to the actual Gigabyte MOBO list of testing rams. I mean, it is supposed to have a beep sound when the motherBoard boots which it doesn't anymore. I have tried the socket and that is not the case fml....

Comment

are all power cables on the motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by KidSess View Post
              DRAMs cannot, be it because i waited 3 weeks to changed them to the actual Gigabyte MOBO list of testing rams. I mean, it is supposed to have a beep sound when the motherBoard boots which it doesn't anymore. I have tried the socket and that is not the case fml....
              the beeping sound is when your mobo has detected the monitor.

Comment

I think i didn't even put the 4 pin power for the mobo -.- what an idiot..let me check...because i thought it would run with just the power of 24 pins :S

Comment

I think i didn't even put the 4 pin power for the mobo -.- what an idiot..let me check...because i thought it would run with just the power of 24 pins :S
                  its okay lol i've also just finished building mine and more than 5 times did i forget to plug in something, or left out a screw for the mobo, one of the molex died, and ram stick problems due to being me stupid.

Comment

I feel your pain man wasted over 200 bucks just for a single plug man...

Comment

I feel your pain man wasted over 200 bucks just for a single plug man...
                      what plug?

Comment

the 4 pin connector for the 12V on the top left of the mobo..I once was yet to see it cause the power was blocking my view

Comment

Working...
                        X