Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me thinks my Ram fan is about to die

Hey all, long time no post

Guess thats what happens when things work as they should right!

So anyways ive had my gskill ram fan for alittle over a year now and for the last few months its been starting to sound pretty bad. Its by far the loudest thing in the pc which is pretty bad as ive got 14 fans spinning in my case. I dont know how long the warrante for the turbulance (single 60mm) is but im wondering if its up yet.

Dang thing is wonderfull both in function and in form and hate to have to deal with replacing it, stupid cheap too as mine cost me about nine bucks from ncix (great store btw). Any way i could get rma without having to send this too you guys to check out first...dang shipping will be twice what i paid for it...hows about a vid of it grinding away and rattling and you guys just send a new one to me

Hows that for trust eh!

Ill have to pull up the invoice from ncix

Worth a shot lol

I am starting to wonder if i should remove this ram fan, not sure if its a bearing type and would hate to have one drop out and short my gfx or mobo.

Whats the verdict on my suggestion, i know its a far fetched longshot but worth a try....

Comment

Is it dirty? Maybe it just needs cleaning.

PM'd you too.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have checked the fan for dust, there is a small amount on the fins but to be expected. I purchased an air compresser just for cleaning my pc and spray every two weeks (stopping the fans from spinning of course) but this was prior to the fan issue.

Thank you for your reply. I will check my mail

Comment

HI

My new fan arrived today and wanted to say a big THANK YOU GSKILL. I do very much appreciate the great service your company provides. Most gracious of you.

Wonderfull company, wonderfull service.....just wonderfull. My computer is silent again

Thanks for the great support, i could not be happier

Comment

Working...
          X