Help with memory Timming Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with memory Timming Please

I am unable to get stability with my present timing of 9-9-9-24 1.9V. I have:

MB - EVGA 790i Ultra SLI 132-CK-NF79-A1 with P06 BIOS
    CPU- Intel QX9770 LGA775 on DETEK water cooling
    Memory- GSKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBHZ 2 sets for 8GB
    Video- EVGA EVGA 896-P3-1260-AR GeForce GTX 260 896MB 448-bit GDDR3 2 ea in SLI
    PSU- PC Power 1200watt
    OS- Windows XP64

All setting in BIOS are AUTO except memory timing and voltage. Any help will be appreciated.

Also does GSKILL make a memory cooler for the DDR3? If so where can I purchase it.
    Last edited by alabamapj; 06-18-2009, 09:47 AM.

We do not sell just the memory cooler kit alone, but we do have DDR3 memory packages that includes memory coolers.

When you enter your BIOS, look for "FSB & Memory Config". Make sure your FSB is running at 1600, otherwise if it is at 1333, you will need to unlink the FSB to DRAM ratio. Then set the MEM mHz (memory speed) to 1600. Go down further to "Memory Timing Settings". Set "Memory Timing Setting" to "Expert" so that you may be able to enter them in manually. Change to: tCL 7 - tRCD 7 - tRP 7 - tRAS 18 - CMD 2T

For Advanced Memory Settings, just set them to AUTO and let the computer generate values. Now exit to the main page and search for "System Voltages". Here you will need to change "Memory" to 2.0v.

Save and Exit and your system should be running like a charm.

Let me know if that works out for you.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you

Thank you for your speedy reply. I will test with those settings and let you know the results.

Also could you give me the part number to look for or a link to the memory you suggest. I normally do a mild OC but my main goal is stability and it seems the DDR3 runs very hot and I like a cool system which is why I have water cooling. Even though I spent $350 on this memory when it came out I wouldnt mind buying a replacement if it gives me what I want. Again THANK YOU for your kind assistance and I will only buy GSKILL memory and EVGA MB and Video Cards as I think both of you are the BEST.

Sincerely
      alabamapj

Comment

Thank you for the praise. We currently only have DDR3 2000 memory packages with coolers. Here is the link to our "Perfect Storm" kits: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...0%20-%20%24300

Thank you

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Question

Ok This looks like what I want. Couple of questions though:

1. I see this is Triple channel memory and I have a Dual channel board. Do I only use 2 of the sticks or all 3?

2. As this is 2000 memory do I make 2000 my FSB or leave it at 1600?

3. I cant tell from the pictures, but i am assuming the fan assembly will mount on top of the RAM and blow upwards?

4. It looks like it will be held by the DIMM locks? Is it tight? I dont move my PC except for cleaning every 3 months or so.

It looks like what I want, just dont want to get it and find out I cant use it for some reason.

Also your suggestions on timing and voltage worked perfectly it seems. I ran OCCT for 1 hour no problems and am now running Prime95 for about 12 hours should do.

THANK YOU AGAIN!!! GSILL ROCKS!

Comment

We only have triple channel Perfect Storm kits, so purchasing the kit may not be the answer for you. If you run 3 sticks, your computer will simply run on single channel but with the extra GB.

The FSB is max 1600, so anything more will be overclock.

The fan assembly on the Perfect Storm kits do mount on top and blow upwards to "pull" heat away from the memory/RAM and motherboard. They are held tightly in place.

If your computer works fine now with 8GB at DDR3 1600, I'd suggest you just leave it and enjoy it. It may not be worth the hassle to swap memory and possibly have issues.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

FYI - Corsair, OCZ and Evercool among others sell cooling fans for RAM

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X