• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System File Error w/ F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS & DFI LanParty

Model of the motherboard: DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR
    Model of the memory: F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS
    Model of the CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3500

Replaced two 512MB OCZ DDR 400 (PC 3200) sticks in same slots. Won't boot to Windows. Error message: missing or corrupt WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM. Replaced old ram and computer boots normally. How do I get ram to work or determine it needs to be replaced? Thanks.

Might want to try with 1 stick at a time and/or run memtest on each stick....will want the sticks in slots 1-3 when trying two and will want to go into BIOS to make sure timings and DRAM voltage is correct for the sticks, ensure you have the latest BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Make sure DRAM Voltage is 2.75V

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

New Wrinkle

I had to wait to try to implement your suggestions. I just tried to boot up with one ram stick in slot 1. I tried booting several times with each stick in slot 1. In each instance, I have no display. The fans turn on, there are no beeps, and I see nothing on the monitor. I replaced the old memory again and everything works fine. I had burned an iso of MemTest onto a CD, but presume this will not work if the monitor is not working. Please advise, and thanks for your help.

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS? Send them in for RMA if they do not boot up.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X