THE 1571 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• THE 1571 thread

So again one thread to rules them all hehe.

So here my questions.

They say i need XP or Vista to flash (so dos boot wouldn't work)???
    Can i use a live vista PE bootcd like Active@ bootdisk to flash my SDD??
    Do i need to unplug my other drive or have the SDD in disk 0 like when using wiper.exe??
    Any benchmark??? Any problem corrected with 1571??
    My drive is setup in the bios as native IDE will this be OK??

thx all for helping

For flashing yes I believe you do need to be using disk 0, on IDE mode (NOT AHCI OR RAID!)
    WinPE Boot CD would probably work.
    Flashing the firmware erases the drive also. (Actually I am not sure if 1370 -> 1571 actually wipes the data)

My drive has 1370 on it and I will probably leave it as-is until I re-do my windows install (prolly when win7 final is out). My system runs great as it is now.

Comment

lies...
      I flashed it under windows 7 x64 with AHCI enabled and the SSD being disk 1 and went fine.
      I simply ran it with admin privileges and XP SP3 Compatibility mode.

Comment

Did it erase your data or was it still on there?

Comment

It was erased.

Comment

so no problem if i dont disconnect my 4 other drives and let my ssd in drive 1??

Comment

no problem

I just looked around for an xp machine RUNNING with a spare sata port.

Started the update.
              Plugged in the drive to the RUNNING xp machine per instructions.
              clicked ok.

There was no smoke.

Took the ssd back to my win7 machine.

Restored from image.

Voila!

Back in business.

No harm, no foul on either machine. Both machines had additional drives left in place.

Comment

any improvement ??? on speed or else? with the 1571

Comment

Excellent work G.Skill!

I kindly emailed G.Skill and they unlocked my account within 5 hours of registering. I was able to flash my 128 Gig Falcon to firmware ver 1571 just as the instructions say. I even did it under 64 bit RC 7, I simply followed
                  MSB's Instructions:
                  " I flashed it under windows 7 x64 with AHCI enabled and the SSD being disk 1 and went fine.
                  I simply ran it with admin privileges and XP SP3 Compatibility mode."

I do not have an AHCI option in my BIOS so I am not sure if it were enabled.

Worked like a charm. Just installed 64 bit RC with all Windows updates in literally 15 minutes!!!! Thanks for the quick support G.Skill!
                  Mike Asus C90S
                  Last edited by omikelo; 06-10-2009, 05:18 PM.

Comment

I have a question:

My Laptop can take two Harddrives. My SSD is disk0, and my 500GB HDD is disk 1.

I have windows 7 RC x64 installed on both SSD and HDD (Dualboot). Can I boot with disk1 and run the flash on it? I dont understand the flashing manuel... Do I need to boot without my SSD being pluged in, and only plug it in when the flash utility askes me to? or can I leave it connected to the SATA port when booting into Disk 1?

G.Skill has CRAP instructions...ffs

Comment

Yeah just boot from the 500GB and flash the SSD.

Comment

Is it normal that it seems that my Falcon 256 is slower after the update? It took more time to install OSX on my MacPro 2008 (I think).

Comment

Hi I am new and just recently bought one of these.

If i bought it recently should i get the latest firmware?

I am going to be putting it in my Macbook pro

I have a pc with windows 7 64. I am confused slightly on these instructions:

" I flashed it under windows 7 x64 with AHCI enabled and the SSD being disk 1 and went fine.
                          I simply ran it with admin privileges and XP SP3 Compatibility mode."

it has to be disk 1? I have a raid 0 set up with raptors so not sure if it means i have to take those out or can i just plug it into a free SATA slot?

also requires xp sp3 compatability then?

Comment

I do not understand the requirement for it to be a certain disk number

I have a machine with RAID setup so disk 0 and 1 are taken up.

can i just plug it into any spare sata port?

I not to mention it did not even come with a sata cable and who knows if i can find one.

can someone clear up this disk 1 , disk 0 business?

Comment

Running HDTune v2.55, I was pleased to see that access time with ACHI mode went down from 0.2ms to 0.1ms so it's now equal to IDE mode. CrystalMark indicated that the read speed increased from around 228MB/s with 1370 BIOS to over 250MB/s. Write speed increased from around 190MB/s to over 200MB/s. So overall, Indilinx BIOS 1571 was definitely worth while!
                              Last edited by razerza; 06-30-2009, 05:37 AM.
                              cutting edge?
                              Intel Core i7 950 + Asus P6T X58
                              3*2GB G.Skill PI Series 1600MHz CL8
                              256GB Corsair P256 SSD (Samsung controller + 128MB cache) [OS]
                              :: Note my G.Skill Falcon was sold ::
                              2*1TB Samsung Spinpoint F1 7,200rpm 32MB cache [Storage]
                              2 x Asus EAH4890 in CrossFireX
                              Dell UltraSharp 2707WFP 27" LCD A01 revision
                              Asus Xonar Essence STX + Sennheiser HD650
                              Windows 7 Professional x64

Comment

Working...
                              X