• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ on biostar ta790gx a3+

ram module: F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ ddr3 PC10600
    motherboard: BIOSTAR TA790GX A3+
    processor: AMD Phenom II X3 720

The LED in the motherboard keep indicating that there is a problem with the memory and I'm not even able to see the bios to start.
    I have already try to put each part memory on every slot, but nothing work.
    Also I already try to clear the CMOS, but it doesn't work either.

This is so frustrating.
    Do you have any idea to fix this?
    Thank you.

Best Regards

Did you clear the CMOS through a jumper or simply removing the battery? It's generally a good idea to do both (and make sure the electrical cord is unplugged), the clear CMOS jumper is in the opposite corner from the keyboard/mouse headers. Ensure CPU is seated correctly (white triangle aligns with gold triangle). Then try a single stick in slot 1 (closest to CPU). If nothing then try the other stick in slot 1. If both fail try a different stick of DDR3 that you know is good if you have or can borrow one. If still no luck, I would guess you have a bad mobo. If you can't get hold of a good stick of DDR3 to try then it might be that both your sticks are bad

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I clear the CMOS through a jumper, but I'm afraid I will void the warranty if I remove the battery CMOS.
      I'm pretty sure I already plug the Processor correctly because if its not, the LED on mobo will surely indicate the problem.
      I like to test either the memory or mobo with different brand, but its really hard to find people who using ddr3 around me. I guess I should stick with ddr2 or with am2+ platform, but the new technology really tempting me to try it .

In addition, I already try to start CPU without using any memory on it and its normally producing the beep sound like other mobo.

Still hoping someone from gskill will give me a solution. Thnx
      Last edited by ardy_yana; 06-08-2009, 01:05 AM.

Comment

You will need to do as Tradesman stated and test each stick out to see if they are indeed defective. If they are indeed defective, then you will need to return them to us for a RMA warranty exchange, or exchange them through your original place of purchase.

GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hey, a week ago i've earned [ Ripjaws ] F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH with the same mobo and had exactly the same issue... Phase led 1 and led 1 (wich according to biostar indicates memory error)...
          no matter what stick i've tried it simply won't boot, not even shown video
          Could anyone fix this? Is it an error of the mobo and it got to RMA it?

I've sent the ripjaws where i've bought them and they say the memories ar ok, currently i'm going to change for a trident 1600 CL 8.. A friend of mine uses the trident with te biostar ta790gx a3+ and he had no problems, so i suppose they got to work for me to

I would appreciate any answer =)

(edit: sorry if there's any bad spelling, i'm from argentina xP)
          Last edited by gurucleff; 08-03-2010, 10:56 AM. Reason: quote

Comment

If even one stick will not boot with default BIOS, then the motherboard may be defective, unless you did not install something right.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

mmm no, i'm pretty sure everything's ok

still i'd like to know if ardy_yana solved it... and how he/she did it =)

thx

Comment

Working...
              X