dfree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dfree

i have a 680 sli motherboard and pc 8500 ram, how do i get it to run at 1066 mhz, its running now at 399 mhz.

What mobo, CPU and model of DRAM - most of the 680 SLI mobos were spec-ed for max of DDR2 800 DRAM, so unless A) you have the latest BIOS and B) have a board where they have upgraded the BIOS to support 1066, you may not be able to.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i have n nforce 122-ck-nf68 mobo and a e6600 cpu @2.4 ghz and ddr2-1066 pc2-8500 gskill dram- 2gx4=8g

Comment

just flashed with latest bios

Comment

Not sure what model of DRAM you have - there are a few 1066 sets, but you'll want to set the base timings to match whatever set(s) you have, prob, 5-5-5-15, speed/frequency of the DRAM to 533 (1066), the DRAM voltage of the set (which may have to be raised by .05 to .1 if it doesn't work at the spec voltage, and set CR (Command Rate) to 2T. May have to raise the NB Voltage by .05 to .1 to support the 4 sticks. Further would suggest raising the FSB to 1333 which will OC your CPU to 3.0 GHz and in conjunction with that raise your vCore to appr 1.3.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank you very much, now i did all of that and cpu id says dram frequency is 266.6mhz, is that the highest it will go? i thought it would be 1066mhz, but i dont know alot about ocing stuff.

Comment

oh and fsb:dram is 5:4

Comment

At 5:4 if I remember correctly the 266 would be times 4 or 1066....try running CPU-Z (free download) it will tell you your true DRAM speed, meanwhile I'll try and brushup, haven't touched a 680i in awhile

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X