• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with product Model F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS

Model of the motherboard:Model NF-CK804
    Model of the memory: Model F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS
    Model of the CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3700+
    Model of GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series - in case it might help to know this info.

My problem is this: I bought G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory from new egg. I bought two kits and when i booted up my pc it booted up fine but it sounded like my hard drive was clicking. It stopped after a while and when it was clicking after i put the ram in it was clicking every 20 secs or so, but it's not clicked since i put the ram in the pc. My real problem is I play World of Warcraft and the first day i went to go play after installing the new ram, my pc blue screened and auto rebooted so quickly, I couldn't even read the what the blue screen said. Also on that same day when I was on wow, my pc locked up. It doesn't always blue screen and auto reboot all the time, but I'm trying to figure why it's doing this. I installed the newest video drivers last night, hoping that it might help but it didn't. I bought the ram on April 28 of last month. Wondering if maybe I should just return it and get something else. However, WoW did throw an error that I was able to read and it did same something about memory and then it blue screened and auto rebooted. I hope someone can help me out. I also plan on contacting Gskill directly today.

What are your settings for the memory? This kit needs at least 2.75V, so make sure it is set to that or higher.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

how would i go about fixing the settings for the memory?

Comment

In the BIOS prior to the OS loading

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I went into the the bios like it told me to when i emailed gskill. they told me "Make sure the DRAM Voltage is set to 2.75V-2.80V and at that should stabilize the system" but there wasn't any option to fix it to the exact voltage other than +1 something or +2 something.

Comment

Try the settings going up 1 at a time each time, don't really want to go more than say + .12 over the spec voltage for the sticks (preferably less). Also if you are allowed a setting for NB or CPU/NB voltage may want to raise that .04 to .06

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
              Try the settings going up 1 at a time each time, don't really want to go more than say + .12 over the spec voltage for the sticks (preferably less). Also if you are allowed a setting for NB or CPU/NB voltage may want to raise that .04 to .06
              Well I put it on +2 and and then my pc wouldn't boot to the desktop.

Comment

Can you reset BIOS to defaults and the run Memtest on the sticks individually to see if you have a bad stick. Also, check the version # on your BIOS and go to the manufacturers web site to check and make sure you have the latest BIOS

Tman

Comment

Can you reset BIOS to defaults and the run Memtest on the sticks individually to see if you have a bad stick. Also, check the version # on your BIOS and go to the manufacturers web site to check and make sure you have the latest BIOS
                  thanks. I'll try that tonight and I ran memtest and i didn't find anything wrong.

Comment

Let us know what happens

Tman

Comment

Let us know what happens
                      I'm not entirely sure what mobo i have. it says :

Model NF-CK804
                      Chipset Vendor NVIDIA
                      Chipset Model nForce4
                      Chipset Revision A3
                      Southbridge Vendor NVIDIA
                      Southbridge Model nForce4 MCP
                      Southbridge Revision A3