Problems updating firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems updating firmware

I'm having some trouble updating the firmward on my Falcon 256GB. The drive didn't work before (shows up as yatapdong ROM even without jumper installed), and I was trying to avoid an RMA by flashing the drive with the firmware update.

The computer can see the "yatapdong barefoot..." drive, and I run the "start" program. I get the following message before it will complete:

and the start program screen:

After clicking "OK", a message returns: "Unit production is completed. Remove attached units."

Any possibility I can fix this, or should I RMA (still waiting for an RMA number from gskill btw).

I forgot to mention the program was run under Vista x32 on an AMD CPU and nForce4 chipset.

Comment

I have the meme alarm.
      Which kept silent falcon has, I I have 128 mb.
      The firmware is for 256 mb.
      Probleme

Comment

Yikes, not very encouraging.
        Slow is Steady and Steady is Fast

Comment

Exactely the same problem, warning messages and failure as Astrocramp. Albeit I tried to install the 256 FW on 128 Falcon's due to the ambiguous wording in the upgrade guide "this is for 256 other drives will show different numbers' despite the 'only for falcon 256" title.

Is there a problem with the firmware offered as per Astrocramp trying to install on a 256 Falcon???
          Is the firmware posted meant for all drives despite the unclear wording??? and EXACT same result as Astrocramp!!
          When will a working firmware for 128 and other drives appear??

Please answer
          Last edited by Mor; 06-04-2009, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Sorry for double post but forgot 1 more important issue. Please post 1370 FW and upgrade tool for 128 and other drives immediately if working 1571 FW will not become immediately available, so people like me who may have misunderstood the solitary FW posted and ambiguous guide, and others who correctly used it can get their drives working again while we wait for a working FW update.

Comment

the Firmware we released is only for Falcon 256GB, PLEASE DO NOT USE IT TO OTHER CAPACITY FALCON SSDs

to astrocramp:
              we'll reflect your problem to Indilinx
              and I thought you may need to flash another firmware to fix your original issue, then update the firmware
              we'll try to reply you ASAP
              thanks

G.S

Comment

I am a moron. I bought a 256 ssd from another vendor, and two 128GB falcons for a RAID0 setup (256GB total). So I had it in my head 256GB, when the drive is really 128GB. After realizing that, I updated the firmware successfully with the firmware for the 128GB drive. I'm still a bit concerned about it since there were some bad blocks during the firmware update, but I think it's OK. I'll post again once I have my RAID0 setup and screaming with Win7 x64.

Comment

does the Falcon SSD come with a spare jumper (for firmware upgrading)?...if not is there a place I can get one?

Comment

Working...
                  X