Able to RMA only defective stick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Able to RMA only defective stick?

Hi! Well, it had to happen sometime... I got a new RipjawsX 2x4GB kit, and one stick is bad... as in really bad, system barely get to windows and everything freeezes, crashes, sometimes does not boot etc. memtest? 1k errors before 25%. the other stick seems to work just perfectly.

was downloading the RMA form when I noticed that under "Quantity" it says, and here's a copy/paste: (Please indicate 1/2 or 1/3 if you are not returning a completed kit). I almost jumped up and down because of happiness! I didn't wan't to hold off to build the system ONE MORE TIME (intel recall... ugh..) because of one faulty stick.

so... question is, I take it I can ship only the defective stick? or do you still recommend sending the whole kit, any davantages of that?

Thanks!

couldn't find the edit button, sorry...
    i just found a same thread asking the same question, and got the positive answer I was looking for! AWESOME!

still, question stands: any advantages of sending the whole kit?

Comment

Yes, they are a matched kit, so we do recommend sending the entire kit. The replacement may* not work properly with your existing module.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X