Falcon Firmware 1571 When?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon Firmware 1571 When?

I'm curious as to when we will expect to see Firmware version 1571 from G.Skill.

I recently purchased a 256GB Falcon and had frequent data loss and 3-4 minute lockups using Vista x64. I RMA'ed the drive back to Newegg and am waiting for the new drive to return. Upon receiving the new drive, I would like to flash to the new firmware version.

So how soon can we expect to receive the firmware?
    Slow is Steady and Steady is Fast

G.Skill, Please reply to this Thread. Many of us want to know when G.Skill will release the new 1571 firmware for the Falcon... ???

Comment

Bump

Same question.

Comment

Both SuperTalent and OCZ already have this firmware available? Is there some reason G.Skill doesn't?

Once again, quick to respond to a low rating score on Newegg, but can't seem to respond in a timely manner on their own forum. Am I posting in the wrong spot? Should I visit Newegg and post a one star review with a question regarding the firmware?

Comment

GSkill was first last time, but last this time, regardless of if it is GSkill's fault or the controller supplier cutting' despicable deals against the interests of its existing customers' to get new conrtracts it sucks bad, and GSkill should negotiate better contracts or get busy fixing this issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Ristogod View Post
            Both SuperTalent and OCZ already have this firmware available? Is there some reason G.Skill doesn't?

Once again, quick to respond to a low rating score on Newegg, but can't seem to respond in a timely manner on their own forum. Am I posting in the wrong spot? Should I visit Newegg and post a one star review with a question regarding the firmware?
            I agree with Ristogod, and I will also do the same if G.Skill keeps on ignoring us!!

Comment

G.Skill doesn't appear to be interested in attending their forums. I recommend contacting them via alternative means. I was able to email them at this address (for US). I'll post any response that I receive from them.

ustech@gskill.com

This is the message I sent to them. Feel free to resend it to them to get their attention.

Code:
              Where is the Firmware version 1571 for your Falcon line of SSDs? 
              Both SuperTalent and OCZ have released this version to their customers for their Indilinx Barefoot controller based SSDs. 
              What is G.Skill waiting for?

Comment

I'm tempted to try the ocz firmware on my drive...

Comment

For whatever reason, only 256GB version. (which works for me)

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=820

Holy cow, this is going to entail a lot of work.

OCZ can upgrade without the need for a jumper. You need another disk to run Windows to run the update. It wipes the drive clean, so if you can't image, you'll have to reinstall everything.

Its no wonder to me now why the Vertex drives raised in price by $100+ after then went on sale and the Falcon has dropped $100 in price at Newegg.
                  Last edited by Ristogod; 06-04-2009, 06:13 AM.

Comment

firmware of the 256 go and it compatible with the 128 go

Comment

coco92120: please speak english... what are you saying?

Comment

I am French and I serve d' a translator.
                        afflicted if you do not comprent.
                        j' have a falcon 128 go but the firmware is 256 go is that I can the flasher ?

Comment

Yes lol

Comment

ok

Comment

I was successful in updating the firmware on my Falcon. But wow, what a process!

First I had to image the existing OS install to a spare drive.
                              Then I had to get yet another drive with Windows installed on it to boot into.
                              Then I attempted the firmware flashing process.

It failed.

That's when I realized that I had forgotten to go into IDE mode in the BIOS.
                              I set that and rebooted, let the drivers install and rebooted again.
                              Then I attempted again the firmware flashing process.

Success.

Then remove the Extra Windows disk.
                              Restore the image of the OS install from the spare drive back onto the Falcon drive was next.

Over 3 hours later, I'm finally done.

I sure hope its worth it.

Comment

Working...
                              X