• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with PC Freezing/Restarting on its own

My build:
    Asus M4A79XTD EVO Motherboard
    Nvidia GeForce 120GT Video Card
    G.Skill 4G 1600 7-8-7-24 RAM (Dual Channel)
    AMD Phenom x4 II 3.0ghz Quad-Core Processor
    WD 1TB 7200RPM HDD
    Rosewill 630W PSU
    Asus DVD Burner
    Case has 5 fans in it, GFX Card and Processor both have fans.
    Windows 7 64-bit (Have also used Windows XP SP3)

When I am playing a basic game, League of Legends or Atlantica Online, the game will freeze/crash during game play, usually within 25 minutes of playing. This is way more consistent in League of Legends, as opposed to Atlantica Online. Also, if I attempt to leave both applications up at the same time, Atlantica Online is in a windowed game screen, League of Legends is full screen, Atlantica Online will become a black screen, and I have to close the application to cure this. This is not consistent however. I can sometimes play for 4 hours with no crashing, other times only the 25 minutes I stated. I can leave the computer up with Atlantica online while I leave for work for 12 hours come back and it will still be on. Other times I will leave for school for 2 hours, come back, and the computer has restarted.

I have tried NUMEROUS solutions to fix this.

1. Reset RAM timings to the motherboards recognized factors of 1333 9-9-9-24. (Also turned them back on to just Auto)
    2. Opened the case up and placed a table fan on it.
    3. Downloaded drivers straight from Asus's site.
    4. Manually removed and updated NVIDIA's nvlddmkm.sys file.
    5. Used a different model video card. (GeForce 7800)
    6. Updated drivers using Windows.
    7. Have ran Memtest for 4 hours straight, no issues, on either RAM settings.
    8. Reinstalled both game clients.
    9. Ran stress tests on it for 4 hours, no issues. (Prime95)
    10. Flashed BIOS.
    11. Turned off the system failure restarts for Windows settings, which gave me the BSOD to determine it was the nvlddmkm.sys. Now when the PC crashes during gaming, it does not BSOD after fixing that system file. However, it just resets period.

The other issue I'm having is that when I'm listening to music or playing, the sound moves up and down, in large increments. Not in the settings, it just will be set rather loud, then go really quiet.

I have been on another set of forums this whole time determining what to change and what not to change or what to try rather.

In regards to the sound issues, another user of the M4A79 series, I was suggested to download the drivers of Realtek Audio, Chipset, and network drivers straight from Asus's website, which has been done. He had said it fixed his issues with sound, however not 100% sure if it has fixed mine. I believe it has, but its hard to pay attention to that when in game.

At this point, I am being suggested it is a processor issue, but I cannot tell. Possible loose connection on the processor, is what I've been told, but it's a ZIF socket, so I do not see the possibility there. I did leave the manufacturer thermal compound on the heat sink, but that only changes the temperatures by 2-3 degrees from what I've been told. Besides, I've used a large table fan on high setting to cool down the PC and still had the freezing/crashing.

Any input/help is very much appreciated.

I have also noticed that it will occasionally reset my internet explorer passwords sometimes when it resets. Not always, but still does sometimes.

** This post is copied from emails between GSkill Support Emails, will try to update it the best I can **

I have just changed my CPU NB Voltages to 1.2 from 1.1, but it still went to a pixellated screen while playing the game.

Here is a video of the gameplay, sometimes it's not as bad, sometimes it's alot worse. The pixellated graphics are also there, even when I minimize to the Desktop.

This is not bad:
    Gameplay Video 1

This is terribly bad:
    Gameplay Video 2

I seriously do not feel this is a graphics card issue, as the graphics card in the PC is from my previous PC, and I have also used a GeForce 7800. Both have the same results. Unless of course, the Graphics Cards I'm attempting to use are to low cut. I had a 460 ready to place in this PC, but had to RMA it. Been waiting for it to come back for 8 days now. Issues with UPS getting it there. Finally reached destination yesterday.

Here is a link to my DXDiag as well..
    dxdiag

Anyways, I know that this is a TON of stuff for everyone to be tuned up on, but I want to thank everyone in advance for their time and advice!
    Steve
    Last edited by xOddeye; 03-08-2011, 05:40 PM.
Working...
X