No announcement yet.

Memory and CPU temps are they related?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory and CPU temps are they related?

What are the normal temperature values for a1090T at idle using stock cooling?

I have put together a new box that uses the components below. I have not installed any type of OS but have noticed that when I turn the box on the temp settings for the CPU in the BIOS shows a temperature of 31C and it goes up to 44C within a few minutes.

MOBO: M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition 1090T, 3.2GHZ
    RAM: G.SKILL F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

My BIOS is: 1601, the newest is 1702 but I haven't as of yet flashed the BIOS

Does this seem like a normal level of heat for a system doing nothing? Seems high to me but I don't know what the range should be for a CPU of this sort using stock cooling.

The important part related to this fourm is that the memory i bought which is showen above was NOT on the MOBO's list for validated memory. Bassically, i want to know if this would make a diffrence in the temperature levels of my CPU.

Any and all helped welcomed. Thanks in advance!

While it does sound a bit on the high side, the type or speed of the DRAM shouldn't have any real effect on the CPU temp.

Being a new build it will take a few days for your heat sink on the cpu to settle in and the thermal compound to cure, at which time the the temp should run lower at idle. Other things than can affect the CPU temp would be the voltage it is receiving and the air flow through your computer case.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Depends if your system is under load.. if nothing is running and the system is completely idle, 44 may be a little high, but if something is running then 44 is normal.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Its hard to say but sounds like you may need more fans. Post a pic of your rig showing the fan layout. What case do you have, stock cooling, ambiant temps. All those things make a differance. Strange if you havent loaded you os yet and just looking at the bios temps.

I can get as low as 13c with my 1055T but i also have 16 fans and a h70 watercooler.

My ram temp is tied to my cpu oc. With out a oc i can reach 28c full load and ram @ 45-53c. When oced to 4ghz my ram can reach 60c or above.

Comment

Get the OS loaded then check temps, the BIOS when it first starts gives a jump on many mobos. Will prob be down in the 30's

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X