BAD PERFORMANCE FROM 128Gb falcom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAD PERFORMANCE FROM 128Gb falcom

I just got my falcon 128GB, installed Windows 7 x64, done all the tweaks (disable defrag,indexing,pre/superfetch,page file), but I get VERY poor READ Speeds in HD Tach, MAXIMUM 200MB/ps, I didnt pay so much money for such crap speeds...

http://img24.imageshack.us/my.php?im...rkgskillfa.png

Please advice...

Also, how do I check the firmware version on my falcon ssd?
    Last edited by FaNIX; 05-27-2009, 08:26 AM.

You're kidding, right. The specs call for a maximum 230 and you are getting 200 - get real.

Comment

Your an idiot. Look at the benchmarks, most get over 225.

Comment

If you think it's that bad put it on Ebay - I would love to snap it up at the right price. If you have done your homework at all you would know just how unreliable most benchmarks are. Crystal benchmark is half way reliable - hd tune, hd tach, are definitely not.
        Name calling does nothing but measure immaturity.

Comment

Name calling? You started with your little attitude... "Get Real" you say? Well back at you, if you can't be polite then DONT reply to threads...

Comment

Wow dude, serious? Pissed about 25mb a sec that wont have ANY real impact on real-world performance? Just package that bad boy on up and send it on over here, I will enjoy it plenty.

BTW: Turn superfetch back on.

Firmware version shows up when the BIOS detects the drive for a quick sec (should be 1370)

Comment

Or you can see that.

Comment

FaNix,

The speeds advertised are the highest speeds that GSkill has been able to achieve in a sterile (i.e. a clean) system under ideal conditions. At least they now advertise the speeds as (MAX), I purchased a pair of the initial MLC drives and they were so far from the advertised speeds it was ridiculous, after a BBB complaint, they now add the max disclaimer.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman,

I understand this, but why on every benchmark i've seem it seems to get speeds of 230MBps, even people on newegg.com posted that they received such speeds, mine gets stuck precisely at 200MBps, something must be limiting it? Inside HD Tune, under the info tab, it says UDMA MODE 7 (ATA/512) Is this correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Extide View Post
                    Wow dude, serious? Pissed about 25mb a sec that wont have ANY real impact on real-world performance? Just package that bad boy on up and send it on over here, I will enjoy it plenty.

BTW: Turn superfetch back on.

Firmware version shows up when the BIOS detects the drive for a quick sec (should be 1370)
                    Isn't superfetch supposed to be on?

Comment

I guess HD Tune isn't very accurate. I do get good results with SiSoftware Sandra, CrystalDiskMark and ATTO. ATTO reports 268MBps MAX, and CrystalDiskMark reports 228Mbps, SiSoftware Sandra reports 245MB So I guess it's all good...

The only thing thats bothering me, is that it shows to have only 32MB Cache, see my other thread...

Comment

the 32MB cache problem is just a bug of the software
                        you may need to wait them for releasing a newer version that fixed it
                        thanks

G.S

Comment

Hi G.S, Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I googled it and they said the same thing. Just for the others, after running several tests (besides HD Tune) the drive is FREAKING fast, I get good results, very happy with it now

Comment

Originally posted by FaNIX View Post
                            Isn't superfetch supposed to be on?

Some people suggest to disable it (I don't agree with them) -- you also mentioned in your first post that you turned it off, but yeah I would suggest it stay on.

Maybe your partition alignment isnt correct? Did you create the partition with Windows 7 setup? (It should create the partition aligned properly)

Comment

Sperfetch can go either way. Superfetch sort of monitors your system for the programs that are used the most and preloads part of them into memory so when you start the programs they will load faster. With the SSD drives they are generally fast enough that superfetch doesn't really show that much of an advancement to program startup. Also since these snippets of programs are loaded into your RAM it reduces the amount of RAM available for current processing. Using prefetch with systems that have less than 4GB of RAm along with a SSD drive can actually hinder the system if you do much multitasking. From my experience having it turned on with more than 4GB doesn't really show any negative impact.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X