• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] Voltage & Bios Setting For Asus M3A32-MVP, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK

MB: Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe
    CPU: AMD Phenom 9950
    Memory: G.SKILL DDR2 PC2 8500, F2-8500CL5D-2GBPK

What are the correct voltage and Bios settings for this mother board to run the memory at the rated 1066 speed?

Please update to the latest BIOS 1203 first.
    and for the BIOS settings, I post them below it should be clear

the voltage

memory timings

G.S

Comment

Already updated to Bios 1203.

System will not boot at recommended settings. After I exit bios and try to boot to windows either get message about missing config.sys or screen is blank. System also locks up and have to pull battery and clear CMOS to even get bios to work. When I clear CMOS and use default settings system will boot and runs at 800.

Boots fine at 800 with default settings but will not boot at 1066. It did try to go to windows once with recommended setting but screen was faint and then faded quickly to black. Had to pull battery and clear CMOS.

CPuz shows tRC value of 47. Bios settings will only go to 45. Is this a problem? I tried with the tRC set to auto and at highest value in table.

Currently running at 800 but should run at 1066. What do you recommend?

System will run at 1066 with another brand memory with out problem. But it has a history of going bad so I bought GSkill. I can furnish details of the other memory if needed.

ADDED AFTER ORIGINAL POSTING: Just finished running MemTest86+ V 2.01 at 800, only ran 1 time but no errors.
      Last edited by curlysir; 09-10-2008, 11:46 AM.

Comment

please try to test one stick at one time
        Because the SPD value of this kit is still DDR2 800, which is JEDEC standard, it would run at DDR2 800 when you left all settings auto
        leave the tRC auto and try to set tRFC to 60 or even larger
        If it still can't work with one stick, please let us know
        thanks

G.S

Comment

The system will boot with 1 of the sticks of memory. But will not boot with the other stick. So do I have a bad stick of memory? There is no tRFC setting. There is a trFC0,trFC1, trFC2, and trFC3. I had to set these to 127.5 to get the 1 stick to work. All other settings are as you recommended.

Is the one stick bad or at least not up to specifications? It will boot with one of the sticks but not the other. I am trying the sticks 1 at a time in the same slot.

This is repeatable. I have tried it several times and there is 1 of the 2 sticks of memory that will not boot. Get blank screen, will not boot to windows.

There is something definitely wrong with the one stick. It will not boot at any settings I have tried at 1066. I had to pull the battery and reset CMOS to get the computer running after 1 attempt. 1 of the 2 sticks appears to be good and will run at your recommended setting if I manually set the tRFC0,1,2,3 settings. It will even work set at the lowest setting 0f 75.

Time To RMA the memory????
          Last edited by curlysir; 09-11-2008, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Yes, please fill out the rma form, then email it to rma@gskill.com.
            sorry about this problem but seems like one of them has problem and need to be replaced

Comment

Received replacement Modules today. They appear to be working correctly. I am able to boot at 1066 with this set of memory.

10 day from the time I sent the memory to when I received the replacement, NOT BAD!

Thanks for the help!

Comment

Working...
              X