G.Skill Falcon FM-25S2S-128GBF1 Problem with Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Falcon FM-25S2S-128GBF1 Problem with Linux

I bought G.Skill Falcon FM-25S2S-128GBF1 2-3 Days ago.
    I try to put it and mount in Diskless System (SDS by Fineac) that use CentOS 5.x or Fedora Core 6. I tested by "hdparm -t" and result around 135 MB/s both OS.
    When Client Boot up, It's so slower than other Harddisk. However I try to test on Ubuntu 8.10 32bit version, Speed is OK around 215-225 MB/s. But my SDS software require CentOS or Fedora not Ubuntu. How to Solve this problem? May I need to download driver?
    Today, I tried to install Fedora Core 10 x86 64bit version, speed very good 230-240 MB/s !?!? But This version of Fedora not support by SDS Software. and I tried "yum update" to update my CentOS 5.3 Final 64bit version and mount G.Skill Falcon again. It's not different

PS. my SSD formated by NTFS 2 Partitions (C: for WinXP, D: for Game Online) and Currently my SDS Software running on CentOS 5.3 Final 64bit Version.

Make sure your partitions are aligned properly.. There should be guides available to do this.

Comment

Create the Partitions using a Vista or Win7 boot disk, but ONLY create the Partitions, dont format them. Then in linux, format the partion to your desired partition type.

Comment

Today, I use SSD for install CentOS. Delete and Create New Partition on SSD. after setup already, I test speed.... 135-138 MB/s
        for now, I think my choice is
        - Find the way to install SDS Software on Fedora Core 10
        - Find the way to update harddisk driver for improve performance of SSD
        Last edited by NoomSCOM; 05-19-2009, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X