P5n-e sli / f2-6400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P5n-e sli / f2-6400

I am using an Asus P5N-E SLI board with the latest firmware revision (1201). I have never been able to get F2-6400CL5D RAM to work in the yellow, or A banks. When I first built the machine, I purchased 2 1GB sticks of F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ and initially put them in the A slots. The motherboard wouldn't boot up, so I moved them to the black (B slots) and have never had a problem.

Today, I added 2 2GB sticks of the same memory F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ and added it to the A slots. The motherboard wouldn't post. I removed the 2 1GB modules and moved the 2GB modules to the B banks. The system booted up fine.

Do you have any suggestions for adjusting the voltage to get the other memory banks to work with your RAM?

Thank you,

Mark Miller

are you sure the black slots work fine?
    you can try to install one stick at one time in black slot
    if both of them do not work, please rma your motherboard

by the way, we don't recommend install 4 sticks on nvidia chipset motherboards
    they might work unstable

G.S

Comment

I have been running 4 sticks of F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ in a P5N-E SLI mb for 6 months. I had to set the BIOS ( also updated from v 901 v 1201). set voltage to 1.92 and memory to 5-5-5-15 2T. I am running E8400 cpu and 2 8800gt in sli mode. haven't done any overclocking. I think maybe you need to check the slots individually one stick at a time to see if they aren't defective. if they are defective then RMA . also set memory to unlinked in BIOS.
      Last edited by lou15214; 10-07-2008, 09:52 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Working...
      X