Windows 7 TRIM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 TRIM

GSKILL Tech: Does Falcon firmware ver. 1370 support the Windows 7 trim command?

Thanks
    Last edited by SSDriver; 05-17-2009, 11:51 PM. Reason: Clarify question

YES, you can check out this thread
    http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=733

Comment

The trim command/ wiper program worked for me in Windows 7, based on the Experience number (the hardware rating system). That hard disk number started at 7.1, then slowed to 7.0. After running the wiper program, that number went back up to 7.1.

Comment

Hi, pretty sure in windows 7 you do not have to run wiper as it is in 7 already. I have 2 falcons on a RAID card that began at 7.4 in windows experience / 466MB/s (mid linear read) and progressively sped up to 489-500 and 7.6 in windows experience without wiper over about a week and never dropped below this level since. This has been maintained for several weeks now despite using nearly all the drives capacity and wiper not functioning in RAID arrays.

Different topic: my only Falcon problems (RAID) occurred when I was doing large file tranfers >10GB after disabling the page file or moving it to another drive, despite my system having 12GB of DDR3 RAM. Re-establisjing the page file fixed this problem. Moving my torrent application to another drive seems to also help response times when working with large files and data sets.

Comment

Wow. You have quite a system there. I disabled my page file too (with 6GB DDR3 1600) and now I’ll re-enable it. Thanks for the info.

Getting back to the Windows 7 situation, I agree that the wiper function is in Windows 7 already. My Win 7 Experience hard disk numbers were so close that it may just have been one of those things. I was swapping video cards in and out, and that may have played a role in that number.

Thanks again for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mor View Post
            Different topic: my only Falcon problems (RAID) occurred when I was doing large file tranfers >10GB after disabling the page file or moving it to another drive, despite my system having 12GB of DDR3 RAM. Re-establisjing the page file fixed this problem. Moving my torrent application to another drive seems to also help response times when working with large files and data sets.
            thanks for sharing this info

G.S

Comment

How often do I need to run Wiper

Is the wiper program meant to run just one time and it will continue to work or does it need to be run whenever the hard drive starts to slow down. Thanks for any help

Comment

Working...
              X