Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another raid issue

Greetings G-skill Forum!
    It stinks that my first post is regarding a problem but i wouldn't have made it this way if i didn't.

Specs:
    phenom 9950be
    Asus M3N-HT deluxe (780a chipset)
    2gb OCZ pc2-9600
    2x 64gb mlc gskill ssd's in mobo recognized raid 0(128kb stripe, ports 1+2)

My issue:
    XP x64 and Win 7 x64 won't detect my array. I have slipstream'd(and floppy'd) multiple drivers and the OS's don't recognize my array. Win 7 obviously doesn't need drivers for my mobo and still no install. All hardware is functional.

Other forums:
    http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?...=51140&st=1680
    http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us
    http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=95957

Any help greatly appreciated!
    --><-- this close to getting hw raid controller

Zak

edit: more links
    http://forum.msi.com.tw/index.php?ac...topic=123068.0
    http://forums.slizone.com/index.php?showtopic=32841
    Last edited by Athari; 05-15-2009, 05:09 PM.

XP x64 and 7 x64 cannot see your raid but is others ok? XP 32? vista 32?

Comment

i suppose i could try 32... i don't want to run it though

Comment

Is this on install of the OS's or on existing setups?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

could you tell us our model name?
          Maybe we could try to find out the problem
          thanks

G.S

Comment

SURE!!

Both are FM-25S2S-64GB

And tradesman: the issue is upon install. I can install on a single disk w/ no problems.

Comment

Are you using the nVidia RAID driver? If so when you start your install, in the lower left hand corner the OS will load files, etc, and at a point ing the process it will ask if you want to load any additional drivers, you'll have to direct the system to a thumb drive or a cd with the driver files on it (preferably all the RAID driver files, at this point I believe it's looking for the .INF driver file) on it. Then later, when it ask where you want to load the OS (to what drive), you may have to load the RAID driver (the .sys file, if I remember right), and then your RAID should show up

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

to tradesman

Originally posted by Athari View Post
                Greetings G-skill Forum!
                My issue:
                I have slipstream'd(and floppy'd) multiple drivers and the OS's don't recognize my array.
                Other forums:
                http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?...=51140&st=1680
                Yes i have properly integrated the drivers into the OS; however the problem is likely some fault of the drivers not being compatible w/ SSD arrays. Now if the Gskill crew replicates the problem then more brains will be aware of the issue and possibly find a solution.

The drives(and system) operate as advertised and would work in an array w/ a proper RAID card. I don't have a raid card(yet) and frankly im curious if drive speed would increase when i eventually upgrade to a phenom 2 processor(if i was using a hardware raid card it wouldn't show an increase). I just cant get a baseline yet because of this issue.

Cheers,
                Zak

Comment

By chance have you looked in the OCZ forums for a similar instance? They actually provide support and have a fairly broad base of knowledgeable users, somebody may have run into a similar problem with one of their drives, which are basically the same, except OCZ goes slightly smaller

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Athari View Post
                    Yes i have properly integrated the drivers into the OS; however the problem is likely some fault of the drivers not being compatible w/ SSD arrays. Now if the Gskill crew replicates the problem then more brains will be aware of the issue and possibly find a solution.

The drives(and system) operate as advertised and would work in an array w/ a proper RAID card. I don't have a raid card(yet) and frankly im curious if drive speed would increase when i eventually upgrade to a phenom 2 processor(if i was using a hardware raid card it wouldn't show an increase). I just cant get a baseline yet because of this issue.

Cheers,
                    Zak

it seems we can't duplicate this issue with this kind of combination
                    so, we'll reflect this isse to ASUS to see if them have any solution
                    once we have any answer, we'll post it out
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

You are using an Nforce board yes? If its an Asus thing then its also an MSI thing.. Thank you for gumption!

If you don't mind me asking, how did you format, what driver did you use, and what is your stripe size?

Thanks,
                      Zak

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                        By chance have you looked in the OCZ forums for a similar instance? They actually provide support and have a fairly broad base of knowledgeable users, somebody may have run into a similar problem with one of their drives, which are basically the same, except OCZ goes slightly smaller
                        Thanks Tradesman! Your continued support is revivifying. They definitely have a more activity over there.

Comment

Hope it helps, they are pretty tight with their technology

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post

it seems we can't duplicate this issue with this kind of combination
                            so, we'll reflect this isse to ASUS to see if them have any solution
                            once we have any answer, we'll post it out
                            thanks

G.S
                            Originally posted by Athari
                            If you don't mind me asking, how did you format, what driver did you use, and what is your stripe size?

Thanks,
                            Zak
                            If you would kindly post what combination and 'how to', I will buy more Gskill products! I promise!

pretty please (w/ cherry)

Zak

Comment

Working...
                            X