Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Falcon SSD Coming!

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to say I have a Falcon 128GB coming, and I'm pretty excited. Looked at Intel, OCZ and G.Skill, decided G.Skill offered most performance for the money. Will be running as boot drive in my new AMD Phenom quad core build, with 8 gigs ram, ATI 4870 video, WD 1 terabyte storage drive. It will replace a WD Raptor as boot drive, will do fresh install of Windows 7 RC 1. Anything I need to do, other than install wiper.exe? I understand Windows 7 is SSD ready? Thanks for any help you can offer. Future plan is another Falcon and a raid card. Yes, I am a speed freak!

welcome!!

and there is no need to run wiper once you get it
    I'll post out the theory of trim command soon, then you'll know how and when you should use it more clearly
    and Windows 7 RC already supports to trim command for SSD, it would make the SSD performance better
    thanks

G.S

Comment

just install win7 and make sure defrag and indexing is off and bam dude they are SOO FAST!

Comment

Basically when files are deleted the space occupied is flagged in the FAT File Allocation Table as Unused, but when the system goes to write to this unused area, it first has to clear it, before it writes to it. The ATA Trim command on which Wiper.EXE is based checks the drives for blocs identified as unused ans ensures the blocs are cleared. Then when you go to write to them you eliminate a step making the writes (and reads) faster.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the info! Monday is the day when a Phenom 955BE replaces the Kuma dual core I have now, I step up from 4 gig of ram to 8, and the SSD goes in! Fun, fun, fun!

Comment

Working...
          X