Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240 pin DDR2 800 problem. Asus P5Q Pro , F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240 pin DDR2 800 problem. Asus P5Q Pro , F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ

I currently purchased the above set of Dimms from Newegg and after I put together a completely new system I was unable to get any video output when booting up the computer. Lights and drives were spinning up but I had no output. I had a friend try the ram in his machine and he duplicated this error. Is it the case that I simply got two bad sticks of ram or is there a compatibility problem with Asus P5Q Pro motherboards? I don't want to RMA the ram and have the same problem again. Any help would be appreciated.

A bit more info. I'm using an Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 Kensfield proc.

Comment

Did you try your friend's RAM in your computer? Did it boot fine?

Comment

could you tell us our model name(F2-6400xxxD-xGBxx) on the sticker?
        and please try one stick at one time to see if one stick goes bad
        thanks

G.S

Comment

The model number is F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ on the ram that I have.

Comment

as we tested, this combination works fine without compatibility problem
            did it get error when installing only one stick?

G.S

Comment

As it turns out I have my system up and running now. It appears that under certain bios versions the Asus P5Q Pro has trouble recognizing ram on two channels as it should be able to. I combined the dimms onto one channel instead of two and I was able to get the system to post. I did try the single Dimm on several occasions but for some reason that did not resolve the issue. Two Dimms on a single channel did work however. I am hoping to be able to resolve the channel issue with a bios update. Thank you for your assistance and I hope this may help others out there with similar problems.

Comment

thanks for the info
                and which BIOS version you are using now?

G.S

Comment

Working...
                X