raid isue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raid isue

i just purchased 2 64 gig falcons. my problem is vista cant see the drive after creating it. but windows 7 can. i have already tried loading raid drivers during instaltion, and slipstreaming them into a vista 64 disc to no avail.what do i do next?

if it helps my system is a sager 9262 or clevo d901c
    proc q9650
    8 gig of ram
    (currently) 2 80 gig hd in raid 0 (didnt need drivers for regular hd)

if you need more info just ask
    Sager 9262 (laptop)
    Q9650
    Duel Nvidia 8800gtx's sli
    8 gig of ram
    2 64 gig falcons raid 0
    Windows 7

could you see the SSDs in bios?
    and did you mean they only can't be recognized after set them RAID0?

G.S

Comment

yes i could see them in the bios. after setting up the raid array i could no longer see them when trying to load vista, but i can load window 7 np.
      Sager 9262 (laptop)
      Q9650
      8 gig of ram
      2 64 gig falcons raid 0
      Windows 7

Comment

I think it is the vista raid driver issue related. because if windows 7 can see it, that means motherboard bios does detect it but for some funny reason windows vista is not able to see.

Comment

well at first i thought that was the case. but i dont need raid drivers for regular hard drives in a vista setup. i think it has to do with the way vista and widows 7 addresses ssd's . whats odd is the intel ssd's and the ocz vertex drives dont have these issues.
          Sager 9262 (laptop)
          Q9650
          8 gig of ram
          2 64 gig falcons raid 0
          Windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by jameslee View Post
            well at first i thought that was the case. but i dont need raid drivers for regular hard drives in a vista setup. i think it has to do with the way vista and widows 7 addresses ssd's . whats odd is the intel ssd's and the ocz vertex drives dont have these issues.
            we will check with our factory and let you know if i have any update

Comment

thank you very much
              Sager 9262 (laptop)
              Q9650
              8 gig of ram
              2 64 gig falcons raid 0
              Windows 7

Comment

I have two Titan 128s in RAID 0. I built the RAID set in bios and then did a routine Windows 7 install. Windows recognized the RAID volume and installed with no problem

Comment

If your BIOS sees it, you need to go into disk manager and assign a drive letter to it.

Right click on MY COMPUTER
                  select MANAGE
                  Select STORAGE
                  Select DISK MANAGEMENT

IF you only have a single drive for Vista, the RAID will be Disk 1, select it and assign a drive letter.

And your good 2 go,

Have a gud 1 !

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

we'll try to test this issue and will post it once we have result
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

genec57 window 7 loads fine, but i have too many programs that crash in it thats why i need vista.
                      tradesman this is going to be my main drive and the isue is loading vista to it. i can make it a software raid if i use a reg hard drive for the main but thats not what i bought them for. thanks for the replys but they dont solve my current problem.
                      Sager 9262 (laptop)
                      Q9650
                      8 gig of ram
                      2 64 gig falcons raid 0
                      Windows 7

Comment

MY fault, I misread your post, thought you already had Vista installed and it just wasn't seeing the RAID. Sorry bout that. Have you tried the install of Vista with only 2 GB of RAM installed, that's been a problem before.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

has that been an issue with only ssd's?
                          Sager 9262 (laptop)
                          Q9650
                          8 gig of ram
                          2 64 gig falcons raid 0
                          Windows 7

Comment

It's been an issue with varied hardware and Vista, when I loaded Vista 64 on a pair of the original Gskill MLC 64s in Raid 0, had to drop from 8 to 2GB, then when Vista started the install I loaded the Gigabyte Raid Drivers for my mobo after Vista had loaded files and asked if any additional drivers were needed during the install. Install went fine, then added the other 6GB

Tman

Comment

well its the only thing i havent read about or tried. i will check it out and give you an update. thanks
                              Sager 9262 (laptop)
                              Q9650
                              8 gig of ram
                              2 64 gig falcons raid 0
                              Windows 7

Comment

Working...
                              X