Where does "Trident" memory fall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does "Trident" memory fall

Where does the "Trident" series of RAM fall in the hierarchy of GSKILL RAM? I'm using a northbridge/southbride mobo.
    Does the SandyBridge RAM work for the previous generration of Intel chipsets?
    TIA,
    --David

Most all sets of DRAM (within their designations DDR2 or DDR3) will work with most any matching type mobo, some sets are designed via SPD and XMP profiles to be geared towards a specific chipset i.e. P55, P67 but will normally work fine elsewhere. You can generally look at a mobos QVL or manual to get the specs i.e. voltages, unbuffered, Non-ECC, whatever as well as specific sets of DRAM that they have tested thus far....also many DRAM makers will list what mobos they have tested thus far with a specific set. You can use this info to compare the requirements of the mobo to the sticks you you are looking at. The biggest thing I've run into is w/ laptops where many require high-density (4 chips per stick) DRAM as opposed to the low density (8 chips per stick).

The Tridents are good all around sets that have been used all over

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Trident Series is at the top, they use the best chips on the market.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Now, can you tell me how tall these modules are once they're inserted in the MOBO?

I've trying my hardest to get a good CPU cooler, but, not having much luck for my Asus Sabertooth x58 board with these sticks.

My crude measurement tells me they're 51 mm high.... that's BEFORE I've installed them. See all my gear is new (brand stinking new in the package) and I don't want to mess up an opportunity to return an item if things don't all fit and work nicely together.

Sorry for the long-windedness of this, but, I really need to know.
        TIA

Comment

Believe the Trident is 54mm just a hair shorter than the PIs at 55mm though taller than say Ripjaws at 44mm

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The best style air CPU cooler is the Thermalright Ultra 120 style, Silver Arrow, Prolimatech Megahalem, these all clear tall memory since they do not obstruct memory slots.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!

Comment

Working...
              X