Memory Varification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Varification

I own a HP Pavilion A730N desktop, Came with 512 of RAM, I kept getting messages stating "not enough memory, or No memory" so I added F1-3200PHU2-2GBNT, The motherboard is: ASUS PTGD1-LA or HP name Grouper-GL8E. Has Pentium 4 530 (p) 3.0 GHz (HT) Chipset 915G. originally I moved The 2- 256's from slots 0 and 2 to slots 1 and 3, and added the new to 0 and 2, didnt work very long, so i removed the 512, and just kept the new.it will work for a while (couple hours) but then no response or at one point all my Icons from the desktop were gone. Did i order and install the correct memory? if yes any other suggestions or action needed?

Thanks for any help!

Test one at a time to see if one performs differently.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Black screen

Before I was able to try 1 at a time, i got the black screen. I tried to do one at a time, after doing so and rebooting in between, it would go immediately to the black screen. now even after reinstalling my original, i cant get the cpu to boot up, stays or goes right to the black screen. any other thoughts?

Thanks!

Comment

Very odd, try resetting the BIOS to see if that helps. There is a battery on the motherboard, unplug the power supply, unplug the battery, wait a couple minutes then plug everything back in. The system should boot, if not, it must be a hardware problem.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X