Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• benchmarks gskill falcon vs others ssd

sorry for my english...

i'm interest to buy a falcon 64gb ssd but i want to compare this drive with others Indilix drives like supertalent ultradrive me and vertex.

135 mb/s write speed (falcon) can fight against 160 mb/s ultradrive speed?

i can't find falcon 64gb version review on the net.

thank you

give us a day and we will show you

Comment

Here's a couple

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/274...isk/index.html

http://xtreview.com/addcomment-id-86...alcon-SSD.html

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

tweaktown review 128gb ssd and xtreview don't review ssd.
        i need info about 64gb version vs 64gb supertalent version

Comment

Haven't seen any yet specific to the GSkill Falcon 64GB model, hopefully they will be better than the original MLC and the Titan models. They have changed the advertising to reflect the speeds posted are what they consider max speeds, which if done as with the other models are speeds achieved under 'ideal' conditions, i.e. lab environment, sterile system, etc., not real world computing speeds.

They have also already announced a firmware update on the Falcon drives, which isn't real encouraging for the already released ones.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
            Haven't seen any yet specific to the GSkill Falcon 64GB model, hopefully they will be better than the original MLC and the Titan models. They have changed the advertising to reflect the speeds posted are what they consider max speeds, which if done as with the other models are speeds achieved under 'ideal' conditions, i.e. lab environment, sterile system, etc., not real world computing speeds.

They have also already announced a firmware update on the Falcon drives, which isn't real encouraging for the already released ones.
            we don't have any firmware update in this time. i am not sure where you get this info

Comment

Over the last few days GSkill (administrator has beentalking about firmware updates and how to manual, etc

Administrator

until today, the Falcon series SSD is still with the latest firmware
              there is no need to update now
              by the way, the guide of updating firmware would be done in the few days
              thanks

G.S

Administrator

Default [Firmware Update - ONLY FOR FALCON SERIES SSD]Firmware update Manual and Note
              Coming soon...

G.S

there are more in the SSD forum, if there haven't been any, are any coming out? why all the posts from the company about firmware?, and if no problems with the Falcons slowing , why the Wiper.exe program and the posts about it. Actually why even make it available if you have no manual or instructions for it....unless there are problems????
              Last edited by Tradesman; 05-11-2009, 07:23 PM.

Tman

Comment

it just a guide that teaches customer how to use those softwares for future update. it is not something have to do it. but is a plus if a customer needs it.

Comment

So you're saying you haven't released any firmware updates and have none planned. Yes/No???

And what's with the Wiper.exe, it says it helps if the Falcons are slowing down, what exactly is the story on this.

Seeing these things and getting, at best, vague answers is very discerning

Tman

Comment

Tman,
                    thanks for watching us

once our Falcon SSD announced, it is with the latest firmware and doesn't need to update yet
                    however, there might be newer firmware in the future, so we'll make a firmware update guide here for users to follow
                    and it would be done soon

as for wiper.exe, there is another story...
                    it is a tool only for SSD based on Indilinx controller, for us, it is Falcon Series SSD
                    the speed of Falcon SSD may fall after running some times, and running wiper.exe would restore the speed to fix this issue
                    we thought it should be in the same condition of OCZ Vertex SSD
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

i'm waiting falcon 64gb benchmarks NO OTHER SPAM....

have u any news?

tnx

Comment

sorry, there are some problems with our FTP server....
                        I'll try to post the benchmark screen shot tomorrow
                        thanks

G.S

Comment

Why is it that the speed may 'fall' after running some times? What exactly does this wiper do? and how smart is it to provide a program that could, quite possibly cause data loss as described. This appears to be a quick fix for an already recognized and known problem, which if true, questions why you have them on the market, when one of your top two priorities is QUALITY. There is a known problem and the available fix may cause you to lose data????????

As to the firmware, maybe it's just the way tou all have been wording the posts you've made, but just to be clear on this, if I go and buy a brand new Falcon, to pair up with one I bought the day these hit the market, then they will have the same exact firmware, and there are no updates expected anytime in the near future....correct.

Tman

Comment

Hopefully this will help a little for the 64Gb Falcon being benched, I must say it's pretty damn solid!
                            CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
                            MB ASUS P6X58D-E
                            GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
                            RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
                            PSU Corsair AX 850W
                            SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
                            HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
                            CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
                            GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
                            RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
                            SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb

Comment

thank you very impressive compared with

can you bench falcon 64 vs falcon 128 vs supertalent? or write speed?

i'm wainting administrator's benchmarks too...thank you again...
                              Last edited by neongio; 05-13-2009, 05:17 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X