Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Win7 RC1 Released and available (to all)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win7 RC1 Released and available (to all)

THe Win7 RC (Release Candidate) is available to the general public as of 9PM PST today.

Both 32 and 64bit Ultimate versions are available.

Can get it at:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/e.../dd353205.aspx

It's nice, picked it up a few days ago when it was released to TechNet folks.

Download might take awhile (3.05GB) for 64bit Ultimate.

Thought some might be interested

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

thanks TRADESMAN for sharing this info
    we'll create another general section to put this thread

G.S

Comment

Wasn't sure about the post, but this General Discussion thing is a good idea.

I've just seen a number of people are running and mentioning Win7 and running the public beta, so I thought I'd share this, people don't realize how much the beta testing really helps, even the general, open to the public testing. I've been doing beta testing of MS OSs going back to NT, and people would be surprised of the amount of input MS brings in from the public beta testers. They are much more likely to be running a diverse set of programs that many of the IT pros don't really use when we do our beta work.

Am glad to see some people have noticed...hopefully they'll pull it down and take a look, they should really like the speed pickup from Vista. the download can take a while, the 64 bit Ultimate is a hair over 3GB, for the full package

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Dunno, why they don't tag the OS with line 'Since you don't get anymore spyware from web. We add it for you with customer improvement program..'. Hell, not that I'm against the idea, but considering Vista having 6 apps + several registers to get rid of it anyone checked on 7 setups? Hell it's like small castle of notify this and that.

Also funny thing is they blame it's 'fast' considering Win7 boots in near 17 seconds and vista is up below 11 seconds I'd call that pretty much hoax valuate. I wonder also what did they mean by parallel loading? I checked the system load and debugged it it ain't loading anything in parallel only thing I did see was prefetching useless ms apps in parallel to get control to system faster which I think everyone should uninstall before install anyway..
        "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
        http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

The purpose of releasing beta software to the public is for the feedback they get as to what does/doesn't work and what could be done in the way of fixes and improvements.

As far as 'parallel loading' there is plenty of info available, both general and specification type data on the web, but in short this is the sharing of computing tasks between the CPU and the GPU (Graphics Processor Unit). You can find more general info here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Win...ream,7648.html

If you are going to be running Win7, might wabt to read up on it a bit, you'll be surprised.

Tman

Comment

Wasnt' born on yesterday ofcourse I know about CUDA / ATI Stream style GPU CPU "working together"/"split working", but the specified fact MS states that Windows 7 boot loads faster because of parallel loading is completely hoax. Maybe you should read about it and be surpriced.

What goes to feedback should be user choosable feature not forced one. Have you actually read microsoft privacy statement. Seriously there's an limit of an information people 'most give away'. Although, as I said I still kinda understand the idea behind it to develop and I am not generally angry for the program I am pissed of since even if you delete every single CEIP registry and kill the services, scheduled tasks & you disable it at group policy IT IS still there (This is not documented anywhere trust me.. heh..) , but you can test run Windows 7 clean it from CEIP and see on VM what happens after 3 days of run.

---

heh, after I wrote above one kinda though this is G.Skill forum. It's kinda funny we are questioning Windows 7 performance or general on an memory manufacturer forum. Since whole purpose of the wddm 1.1 is to not use extra memory where all earlier windows versions does.
            Last edited by genetix; 05-07-2009, 01:14 AM.
            "Sex is like freeware, shareware on weekends. When do we get to open source?" -TwL

Thanks AMD/ATI for banning legit customers who asks questions of your screw-ups:
            http://i45.tinypic.com/30j0daq.png

Comment

Working...
            X