My First Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First Build

I have tried to do my research but cannot find anything on this particular board

My setup will be as follows

ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 AMD Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X2 565 Callisto 3.4GHz Socket AM3 80W Dual-Core Desktop Processor HDZ565WFGMBOX

EVGA 01G-P3-1366-TR GeForce GTX 460 SE (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

G.SKILL 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

hec X-Power Pro 600 600W Continuous @ 40?C ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply

Is this going to work? I was really hoping so.
    Also, Is it going to be a good system?

Should be good to go, the 565 is suppose to be a good OCer also

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

What should I be able to oc the 565 to? Also, if I went with the 460 SE edition of the video card would i lose much?

This com is for my brother to play WOW on btw.

Comment

OC

Seen reviews of the 565 up to 3.92 or so.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4048/a...-ii-x6-1100t/7

http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/...review?start=4

I'm not sure what the question on the graphics card is, seems to be the same as listed in your original specifications

Comment

Whoops, I meant to put the non-SE version of the 1G 460 in the first place.

Comment

460??

The SE core clock is at 648 MHz the other 460s go up from there to 763, I think. Should be able to OC the different models within reason, so I don't think it would be a big deal

Comment

Once I get the system put together, are there any tests that I should run to make sure stuff is working properly?

Comment

If you plan to OC won't want to do it for a few days anyway, give your thermal compound time to cure, could run SiSandra on it and whatever benchmark programs you like, then as you OC you can gauge your progress

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X