• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a8n-sli issues with 4gb

Motherboard: ASUS A8N SLI
    Memory: F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800

Problem: I am trying to upgrade this system from 2GB to 4GB in Windows Vista. After I upgrade the system to 4GB from 2GB it will not boot. I am currently running 3GB just fine. Is this the settings in BIOS? I left <Auto> on in bios that says 333mHz 4096.

I understand the sticks I have are CL2-3-3-6 but I don't know what the other values should be? Do you have recommended settings for these entries? I have set the voltage manually to 2.6V with no change in the problem

Questions:
    Just like another post I saw here, what should the BIOS settings be? Is it okay to override the <Auto> feature and manually set everything?
    The Bios is asking for:
    Mhz
    Tcl
    Tras
    Trcd
    Trp
    Trc
    Trfc
    Trwt
    1T/2T memory timing
    S/W DRAM Over 4G remapping
    H/W DRAM Over 4G remapping

Additionally:
    I ran a benchmark program that claims my memory is running at 200mHz. BIOS makes the default assumption of 333mHz. Shouldn't this memory be 400mHz? I.E DDR400

Any help is appreciated!

It will be best to manually set all - could you post your current BIOS settings and we'll go from there, I should be back on the board about 6ish this PM (PST)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The DRAM Voltage should be 2.75V. DRAM Frequency needs to be set to 400MHz from 333MHz. Input timings as stated on the memory. Once that is complete, everything should be smooth.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Currently the <Auto> has this as my settings running for 3GB

333 Mhz
        2.5 Tcl
        5T Tras
        3T Trcd
        3T Trp
        10T Trc
        12T Trfc
        4T Trwt
        3T 1T/2T memory timing
        Enabled S/W DRAM Over 4G remapping
        Enabled H/W DRAM Over 4G remapping

What should this all be?

Comment

Looks fine, but it should be 400MHz.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Still hangs if i add one more stick of 1gb...also I ran benchmark again after changing BIOS to 400mhz, says @200mHz.

Why? I rebooted and it did, indeed, save all the settings from above under manual. DDR400 memory runs at 200mHz or is there another bus setting or chip issue?

Why not all 4gb? Motherboard accepts it. I can swap any of the other three "working" sticks and all register fine for a total of 3gb. No more though. What should my voltage be set at? 2.6V or 2.7V?

Comment

It somewhat deceptively, the 200 MHz is the speed, the DDR stands for Double Data Rate, soo it 2x200 or 400 MHz for speed. voltage should be at 2.75V.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

DDR 400 or 200MHz. 200 MHz is the real frequency/memory clock. DDR 400 is the effective frequency.

Voltage should be 2.75V and then it should be stable.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X