X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR3 and EP45T-UD3P

Hey guys this is my first post!

Ive bought the F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ which is the tri channel DDR3 1600 RAM

Im using a Gigabyte ep45t-ud3p as a motherboard and im having some problems.

Ive tested all components to confirm nothing is faulty.

I currently have 2 modules in slots 1 and 3 but my pc freezes constantly. after reading several posts ive come to the conclusion that the voltages and stuff needs some tuning.

Since im not very familiar with this process i wouldnt mind a little detail.

Also im not sure if my motherboard supports having all 3 sticks installed at once.

Thanks Guys!
    Last edited by jshaba; 04-06-2009, 03:33 PM.

In slots 1-3, you will probable have to set the timings manually, 9-9-9-24 - voltage @1.6, may be able to run command rate at 1T, but would guess 2T would be better. If you can get the two running stable, then add the third.

The board itself supports dual channel, not tri-channel, but if you can get two running in dual (some tweaking may well be needed) then add the third, it should run in dual mode at 128 bit access also. Again though, it may take additional tweaking.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thanks for the reply!

what other additional tweaking do you think would need done?

i would really like having all 3 sticks in the motherboard

Comment

I'd suggest starting with the 2 in slots 1-3 @ stock settings and then go from there. I've had some that accept 3 sticks all at once and others that don't. Similar to at times you can't load the Vista OS from scratch if your full up on RAM (usually depends on mobo), but once you get Vista loaded you can throw in another 4 or 6GB and no problems.

You may need to adjust the voltages, possibly the timings., but first things first. Try the 1-3 at stock, if no go, you might try the 2-4, same thing at stock. The latest BIOS is the F6, which primarily concerns their Dynamic Energy Saver, but they seldom tell you everything they do in a BIOS update (especially things that could embarrass them).

If you do have problems, would help to know your CPU, and what OS you are using (i.e. Vista 32 or 64, XP, etc. Also if you are OCing.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

i got the 1 and 3 going pretty solid now, with the settings you told me to change.

Im dual booting xp with windows 7 beta. I have a Core 2 Quad 9400

I have since put the thirs stick in so its running on slots 1 2 and 3 and no freezes yet.

I would still like it running the best it can. Do you have any other tips on any other settings that should be changed.

I have manually set the timings to 999/24 and command to 2 also the dram voltage is set to 1.60

Thanks

Comment

Run it for a day or so (maybe even do a bit of a burn in (SiSandra or something)). Make sure it's good and stable then you could try tweaking the timings (after you write down the good ones and set a restore point for both OS's).........
            then, once stable there's all kinds of things you can do to improve performance. If it's a new build though, before any OCing, I'd let your CPU/Thermal compound/HS get set in and let the grease cure a bit (a few days anyway).

Tman

Comment

Good news and bad,

Although it isnt freezing as often, it still is freezing.

Are their any other tuning i can do to stabalise my PC fully?

Comment

Originally posted by jshaba View Post
                Hey guys this is my first post!

Ive bought the F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ which is the tri channel DDR3 1600 RAM

Im using a Gigabyte ep45t-ud3p as a motherboard and im having some problems.

Ive tested all components to confirm nothing is faulty.

I currently have 2 modules in slots 1 and 3 but my pc freezes constantly. after reading several posts ive come to the conclusion that the voltages and stuff needs some tuning.

Since im not very familiar with this process i wouldnt mind a little detail.

Also im not sure if my motherboard supports having all 3 sticks installed at once.

Thanks Guys!
                we have to say you bought the wrong item
                our triple channel products are tested on X58 triple channel platform only
                we can't guarantee it could work fine on P45 dual channel platform
                since the structure of triple channel and dual channel are based on different memory controllers, there is difference between the 2 platforms
                you'll need to get dual channel kit for your P45 platform
                thanks

G.S

Comment

You may have to just run the two sticks if you keep this kit. The tri channel will run in a dual channel set-up but getting the third one going is hard.

I've read where others got three sticks going but the only times I've done it took extensive tweaking, the easiest time though was with GSkill RAM, got two sets of F3-12800CL8TU-6GBPI for a X58 build and played with them on a X48 Foxconn BlackOps mobo, got all combos to work with relative ease (1,2,3 and even all 4 slots for 8 GB). Didn't really run any of the combos for more than a couple hours but just wanted to see if it would work while we waited for the Graphics card for the X58.

Tman

Comment

i have a ep45t-extreme with same ram 6gig
                    q6600 it wasnt even working for me untill i flashed bios try flashin bios
                    mine is working at
                    3.2ghz
                    using 1600mhz on ram
                    but not 100 percent stable
                    as i am new 2 overclocking and learning how to get it stable
                    but like i said it wouldnt even load up before whenever i changed the settings in the bios
                    i recommend try flashin bios it worked for me

SYSTEM SPECS

board - ep45t-extreme
                    cpu - q6600 go
                    cpu cooling - ocz vendetta 2
                    memory - g-skill - f3-12800cl9t-6gbnq
                    video - asus darknight 4870 - 1g
                    hard drive - 2 x seagate 500 gig running raid
                    case - antec 900
                    os - vista ultimate 64 bit - sp1
                    psu - gamepwr 600w

http://newgskill.web-bi.net/bbs/view...desc=asc&no=48

Comment

oh and yeah i am using the whole 6gigs

Comment

thanks forsharing your experience
                        but actually it is not tested for dual channel platform
                        thanks

G.S

Comment

yeah it says that on the packiging
                          but like i said i am just saying what i have been thru 2 get the best out of my ram
                          you need 2 flash bios wont say it will garantee it but its worth a try

Comment

Congrats, R U still able to run at stock timings, or did you have to change any?
                            Last edited by Tradesman; 05-25-2009, 09:48 PM.

Tman

Comment

Back down 1333 with ram 7-7-7-20
                              Dram voltage @ 1.580v
                              3.2ghz with q6600
                              9 hour stress test with prime 95
                              loaded the default settings for some reason now
                              cant get original settings working again
                              with the same settings i had before
                              but i instead changed the timings
                              From 9-9-9-24 to
                              7-7-7-20
                              Last edited by ep45t-extreme; 05-29-2009, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X