Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1-3200PHU2 and biostar Tforce 6100-939

Hello,

I am attempting to buy some memory to upgrade my system from 1 GB to 2 Gb. The system is based on:

Biostar TForce 6100-939 [C51MCP5] -- motheroard
    Chipset -- NVIDIA GeForce 6100 / nForce 410
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 socket 939 cpu
    ddr1

I am seriously considering GSkill F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS [2X1GB]. Think this will work? I overclock the cpu but memory at ddr400 is dandy.

I ask because all of the following have been tried and have been extremely unstable or would not run at ddr400 as spec'd:

A-DATA 2GB ADBGC1A16K
    Patriot 1GB {2X512] Extreme Performance PDC1G3200LLK [a one gig set I tried]
    Crucial Ballistix [2X1GB] unable to pullup model numbers but it was most recent before they stopped showing on their site.
    OCZ Gold [2X1GB] dont have a record of model numbers

Presently running {2X512] of generic ddr400 [2.5,3,3,6 -- 2,6 volts] I bought at fry's in 2003 that is as solid as a rock. oveclocks slightly to about 412 and is stable. no heatsinks, no identification or I would pursue more stix of this perhaps.

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks,

magoo

this combination works fine

G.S

Comment

Thank you for your reply. What about using F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX with the above system instead? good -- better?

Thanks,

dan

Comment

the performance would be better than NS, but we're not sure if it could run at CL 2 on this board

G.S

Comment

1T/2T Memory Timing

Is it possible to run NS at 1T instead of 2T?

Thank you!

Comment

the spec is DDR 400 2.5-3-3-6@1T
            so, of course you can run at 1T

G.S

Comment

I purchased and have been using 2Gigs of ZX for about one week. It has been excellent for my use so far. Stable and exceeds specs.
              Thanks for the help and guidance.

magoo

Comment

Working...
              X