F-3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ Manual Settings For GA-EX58-UD5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F-3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ Manual Settings For GA-EX58-UD5

Could I please get the recommended manual settings for F-3-12800 CL9T-6GBNQ. This is my first build & I'm setting the MIT to XMP enabled and the timings show 9-9-9-24-2, shouldn't they be 9-9-9-24-1? Also with XMP enabled the CPU led shows overclocked to yellow stage and I haven't overclocked the CPU yet. I'm just trying to get the memory to run at it's rated timings without any overclocking. Any advise/settings would be greatly appreciated. MB is Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5

Thank you

Nope , command rate is 2T.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you Tradesman,

Is it normal for the CPU to overclock at the XMP setting? Is there manual settings that will allow the memory to run @ rated speeds and timings with the CPU @ default speed? I see other threads talking about raising the DRAM voltage/CPU linked, unlinked

Thanks

Comment

You want the RAM and CPU independent of each other, i.e. 'unlinked', when they are linked the RAM speed is tied to the CPU speed and vice versa, at an adjustable rate i.e. 1-1 , 5-4 etc. The area of your BIOS you need to get into is covered in your manual, starting on page 47. Here's the link I used to pull it down

http://europe.giga-byte.com/FileList...8-ud5(p)_e.pdf

(NOTE- I pulled from their European site for the faster speed, the US site is generally slow due to high use)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

linked/unlinked is only functioned on nvidia chipset, not intel X58
          and running with XMP on X58 chipset will not overclock you cpu at all
          there is a ratio to run FSB/ DRAM Frequency to 133/1600
          so, don't worry about it
          thanks

G.S

Comment

command rate depends on motherboard not memory. as i see most of the asus motherboard can take up to 2000 1t, but few others can only do 2t. we are talking about same module of memory.
            using XMP is good but still it is good to use manual setting. not hard. just change QPI voltage, memory voltage, timing CAS-TRP-TRCD-TRAS-Command rate, and memory speed.

for memory that is rated at ddr3 1066, 1333, 1600, 1866 and 2133 doesnt need to change CPU speed at all

Comment

Working...
            X