F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ EVGA x58

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ EVGA x58

I can't get this ram to do 1600mhz even at stock settings. I have tried manually changing timings and also the xmp profile 1 on the spd settings built into the motherboard. what can i do? F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ ,evga x58 sli motherboard. I rma'd a set of this because it was giving errors in memtest. 1 stick would not boot at all when tested separately.

Verify it's showing 9-9-9-24 1.6V, Are you OCing at all? What CPU? Is it in linked or unlinked mode?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It is correct timings. just running stock and not sure about linked or unlink. what does that mean. and i did put voltage to 1.6 , heard something about having to adjust vtt voltage. I'm at a loss here

Comment

Unlinked allows you to individually set RAM speeds and FSB (CPU) Speed. IF lset to linked the RAM and FSB are tied to each other i.e. at 1:1, both might run at 1333, their are various settings you can use when linked. Unlinked gives you more flexibility in setting speeds. Very useful for OCing or touchy RAM modules

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

got it working unfotunatly after an rma by putting vtt to a very high setting +375 too high in my opinion

Comment

Does sound high, but I've seen threads elsewhere taking the vtt up high like that, here's an article that might help explain;

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...review-14.html

Tman

Comment

+0.375 is fine, but it's a little too high for DDR3 1600
              did you install them in slot 2,4 and 6?

G.S

Comment

Sort of contradictory isn't it? Saying it's fine, but maybe a little to high for the RAM in question.

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by NameBrand View Post
                  I can't get this ram to do 1600mhz even at stock settings. I have tried manually changing timings and also the xmp profile 1 on the spd settings built into the motherboard. what can i do? F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ ,evga x58 sli motherboard. I rma'd a set of this because it was giving errors in memtest. 1 stick would not boot at all when tested separately.
                  what is your QPI voltage now? let us know asap

Comment

Working...
                  X