P5W DH Deluxe won't recognize my Titan SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P5W DH Deluxe won't recognize my Titan SSD

I just bought myself a brand new 128GB G.Skill Titan SSD and when I tried to plug it in to my P5W DH Deluxe motherboard it didn't pop up in my bios. So I tried to change SATA cables and connectors, I even swapped the power cables without any luck. Next thing I did was unplugging all my other drives and tried booting with only the SSD plugged in, but still no drive in bios . So I was starting to think that the drive might be dead, this is when I tried to plug it in to my NAS which recognized it right away without any hustle. So there is nothing wrong with the drive then it must be the motherboard(right?). I have also set the IDE enhanced mode to SATA and I've got the latest bios version 2801. So Please help me! What can I possibly be doing wrong!?

which SATA port did you use?
    did you use the black SATA port? or the red/ orange one?
    thanks

G.S

Comment

He he, at this point I've used them all. Tried downgrading and upgrading Bios, changed all kinds of settings and installed latest intel drivers. It feels like I've tried evrything there is to do so now I'm about to buy a new Core i7 setup instead. There is something going on when the computer boots though cause it takes extra long time when I have the SSD installed. At the point where it is suppose to recognize all my discs it will stop for a while but then just boot like it usually does without the SSD being recognized.

Comment

Okey, now I've had the chance to try the disc on a Gigabyte motherboard which recognized it right away but it is impossible to format it when in wimdows. So I put it back in the nas again and get the same thing, I Can see the disc but I Can not use it or format it. So I think this one is going away for RMA. What do you think?

Comment

Should work

You should be able to get to work with your mobo, not to the specs they advertise, but enough for decent performance (120s/70s, but good luck getting any help from GSkill. Have you tried using the AHCI driver. If no luck there, check the OCZ SSD forums, those folks know what they are doing, or check back here with your system specs and I could probably walk you through it.

The speeds they advertise, according to what I've gotten from them are the maximum speeds they have been able to achieve (I'm guessing on a single high end platform, since they won't respond to that question), also if I were to follow their advice on tweaking the drives it would drop the performance I'm getting by appr 30%

After over 10 e-mails, I haven't found a single person at GSkill that has a clue about SSDs and they refuse to provide an e-mail or contact point for anyone in upper management to sort out the issues. With me, I bought through the EGG, so these are non-refundable and I'm stuck with them. Should have stuck with a reputable company

Good Luck, will be checking in

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your reply! System specs are:

cpu: e6600
            motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
            memory: Corsair XMS2 Xtreme TwinX DDR2 PC8500/1066MHz CL5 2x2GB
            gpu: ATI 4850
            psu: OCZ 600W
            hardrive: 2x 250GB Seagate(the SSD will replace these)

So where can I find the AHCI driver? I need to install it before i install windows right? I remeber having an option to install hdd driver when in the Windows installation process.

Comment

Yes. Before booting into the Vista (?) install, go into the BIOS and set the HD Controller from IDE or legacy IDE to the AHCI driver. You might want to download the latest driver for your mobo from the ASUS siget and put it on a flash drive or floppy first, when you download, you can also pull all the other updated drivers, their selection page for your mobo is:

http://support.asus.com/download/dow...%20DH%20Deluxe

I think....the instructions are in their manual, but I only made one build w/ ur mobo and it was a while ago.

Good luck

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Okey, now I've tried the AHCI mode and my mobo actually recognized the drive after a couple of tries in this mode. But when I tried to install the driver my computer freezes and when I tried without installing the driver I got an error. After switching SATA ports again I can't get the mobo to recognize the disc again. I'm gonna send it away for RMA today and try to switch it for a OCZ Vertex.

Comment

Mine freezes for a long time too, especially when installling Windows! I should have waited for the OCZ Vertex myself. Gskill's customer support is seriously lacking.

Comment

Sorry that didn't work, but if it saw it, it may well be the drive. You'll prob be happier with the OCZ, they provide support...ahmmm..unlike here

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X