6400CL4D 8Gb unstable ASUS P5wdh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6400CL4D 8Gb unstable ASUS P5wdh

My ASUS P5WDH Deluxe mobo with Intel QX6700 quad 2.67GHz does not run stable with 8Gb G.Skill f2-6400CL4D-4GBPI. I get random BSOD's even though I am not overclocking in any way. The 8Gb passes memchk.

My system is running Vista 64-bit and has the latest BIOS & drivers.

Unstable operation (1-2 BSOD's per day) have twice caused me to replace the 8Gb with my original 4Gb Kingston KVR800d2n5 and the system then becomes stable.

This intermittent operation has taken me past the return period for Newegg. Do you have any suggestions?

did you try to run each pair separately?
    not every 2 pairs could run together without problem
    thanks

G.S

Comment

No, I haven't tried running one pair since the whole purpose of buying the g.skill 8Gb was to replace my existing 4Gb set. If one pair (4Gb) of g.skill memory works alone but not with another pair then they are of little use to me.
      If I RMA the 8Gb g.skill set I have now will I potentially be faced with another incompatible combo?
      Thank you for responding.

Comment

sorry, but we can't be 100% sure any two pairs could run together
        we only guarantee they could run in dual channel with 2 sticks
        you could choose our F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ, which is tested with 4 sticks together
        thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks for the excellent suggestion -- is it possible to exchange my 2 pairs of g.skill 4Gb dual channel for the F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ?

Comment

did you mean to exchange 2 sets of F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI to 1 set of F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ?
            if so, it's fine to do that
            please RMA both of them and make a note on the RMA form to let us know
            thanks

G.S

Comment

Thank you, I submitted the suggested RMA. This is an example of excellent customer support in my opinion -- responsive, knowlegable and fair-handed.

Comment

you're welcome

G.S

Comment

I have received my RMA response-- it's two packages of F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI (total of 8Gb with s/n's 9100000016129, 130, 135, & 136). This looks to be two matched pairs again and not the F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ set that you suggested and I requested in my RMA.

Are these two pairs incorrect? If so, how do I go about getting the correct matched 8Gb set that I requested?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Ube View Post
                    I have received my RMA response-- it's two packages of F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI (total of 8Gb with s/n's 9100000016129, 130, 135, & 136). This looks to be two matched pairs again and not the F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ set that you suggested and I requested in my RMA.

Are these two pairs incorrect? If so, how do I go about getting the correct matched 8Gb set that I requested?

Thank you.

sorry...we already reply you in pm
                    thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks for responding, I don't show any messages in my PM box nor have I received an email response yet.

Comment

Ube,

If they ever do respond, be nice if you'd post their answer, seems like it would have been sorta hard to screw up your RMA that way, be nice to the explanation

Good Luck

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Ube View Post
                          Thanks for responding, I don't show any messages in my PM box nor have I received an email response yet.
                          would you like to check it again?
                          thanks

G.S

Comment

Yes, I did check and I responded on 3/20/09 to the pm with the following (note that I have not received any response from ustech@gskill.com so far):

Thanks, I sent this email to ustech@gskill.com today:

I received my RMA (RMA #UR2090793) response from G.Skill containing two packages of F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI
                            (total of 8Gb with s/n's 9100000016129, 130, 135, & 136) instead of the F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ set that I requested.
                            The F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ set was authorized in the G.Skill DDR2 forum (6400CL4D 8Gb unstable ASUS P5wdh)
                            by G.Skill since my two 4Gb pairs were unstable running together.

Here is the response from G.Skill on the same forum on March 3:
                            did you mean to exchange 2 sets of F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI to 1 set of F2-6400CL5Q-8GBPQ?
                            if so, it's fine to do that
                            please RMA both of them and make a note on the RMA form to let us know
                            thanks
                            G.S

And the response pm on the G.Skill forum today:
                            hi,
                            I've contacted with our US technician to deal with it.
                            If you still don't receive any reply, please send email directly to ustech@gskill.com
                            thanks
                            G.S

What steps should I take now to replace the two packages I received with the correct 8Gb set?

Thank you, Neal

Comment

I received an email form G.Skill USA Support today asking me to return my two pairs of 4Gb for replacement with an 8Gb matched set. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X